Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Mettesg

Getting over an unrequited love

Just over a year ago I met this really nice guy. And within a few weeks I was head over heels in love with him. I'm divorced and completely free of any previous relationships. However he is married...

We shared an intense but very innocent flirt and then went our separate ways (we live very far apart and met during a work project).

For the next appr. 8 months I was completely in ruins over him at a time where everything else in my life seemed to be going through a very possitive development - quite the contrast!

I met him again resently and found that I'm not even close to getting over him, in spite of thinking so just a few months ago.

Please is anyone picking up on when I will be over him? And if and maybe when there is "real" love for me out there? Of couse my heart really just wants someone to tell me that he will be mine eventually, but my brain knows that will not happen...and I'm desperately looking for that thing to tell my heart that will allow it to finally let go...

With love from Danish Pastry

Just over a year ago I met this really nice guy. And within a few weeks I was head over heels in love with him. I'm divorced and completely free of any previous relationships. However he is married...

We shared an intense but very innocent flirt and then went our separate ways (we live very far apart and met during a work project).

For the next appr. 8 months I was completely in ruins over him at a time where everything else in my life seemed to be going through a very possitive development - quite the contrast!

I met him again resently and found that I'm not even close to getting over him, in spite of thinking so just a few months ago.

Please is anyone picking up on when I will be over him? And if and maybe when there is "real" love for me out there? Of couse my heart really just wants someone to tell me that he will be mine eventually, but my brain knows that will not happen...and I'm desperately looking for that thing to tell my heart that will allow it to finally let go...

Dear Danish Pastry -- please read the forum rules regarding readings: you must make 15 quality posts before you are eligible for a reading. :angel:

Read This

I really feel for you... almost the exact same thing has happened to me. He's not married but is committed and definitely not in a position to change his life path. It is comforting at least to know I'm not alone. The best advice I can give is to let go knowing that it will only cause pain, for both of you.. move on knowing you're both better off and take care of you so that you can open your heart to meeting the right person, who IS ready for you, and you'll be ready when they come along. :)

There is someone out there for everyone. What will be,will be and if it is meant to be it will be. Life has a funny way of making things happen and when you least expect it you will find someone. Until then,hang in there.

Danish Pastry-

I've been dealing with the same issues you are. I'm doing everything I can to move on but it just doesn't seem to be happening no matter how hard I try. Itr's been six months for me. I miss him every day. Have you tried dating since? I'm just not suggesting a rebound. Just wondering if slowing testing the waters again might help. Granted you'll pry come across a lot of frogs, but he can't be the only nice guy out there right? :)

Eventually the feelings will fade and one day you'll meet someone who will make you forget the guys that didn't work out. Good luck.