Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Village Witch

Newbie Here

About me...

I am a Reiki Practitioner with mastery in Usui and Kundalini Reiki. I also practice Imara Reiki and Karuna Ki Reiki. Reiki is my life and how I define myself. I do not practice Reiki as in having a regular business or regular customers. Most of my time is spent teaching and attuning new students.

One of my favorite activities is a weekly New Age group meetup where we explore and practice such topics as divination and mediumship. It's great getting together with like-minded people while developing and honing our skills. We've been together over a year now and still going strong.

My favorite form of divination is the tarot. My favorite deck is the Legacy of the Divine Tarot. Pendulums and dowsings rods don't seem to like me much for some reason.

I also practice Aromatherapy for people and dogs, which is another of my great loves. My hubby and I have three little poochies.

I am an avid reading and am never without a book. If I find a subject I like, I read everything I can get my hands on about it. Early English historical fiction is my favorite read.

I often refer to myself as an Atheist Pagan Witch. Atheist for obvious reason. Pagan because of the lifestyle I try to live. Witch because I practice spellwork/magick. My brand of magick is what I refer to as Reiki Magick, as it is my belief that there is no situation that cannot benefit from a little healing.

I'm an older dog at 55 years of age. :rolleyes: I've been a housewife for the past 16 years and have loved every minute of it. Two grown children. My daughter is seven weeks pregnant today with her first child. :)

I am glad to be here and hope to learn much. Thanks for having me!

Edited to add: My time is spent these days volunteering at a local hospice as a reiki practitioner and visiting with patients. I have formed many close relationships. It is a gift to be able to sit vigil with my friends as they depart this life.

As a dog lover, I coordinate the volunteer dog walking program at my local animal shelter. I walked dogs at the shelter for three years till I quit a year ago to do hospice. I am cutting my hospice hours back and am going to start dog walking again next month as I need the exercise. Hospice is wonderful, but sitting on my butt all day isn't serving me well.

Guest Moopurple

Welcome to the board. It seems like you have a lot of different interests that other members on here can relate to.

And I think it's wonderful that you walk dogs at the shelter! So admirable. I hope to be able to do some volunteer work with animals when I live closer to a shelter. :)

About me...

I am a Reiki Practitioner with mastery in Usui and Kundalini Reiki. I also practice Imara Reiki and Karuna Ki Reiki. Reiki is my life and how I define myself. I do not practice Reiki as in having a regular business or regular customers. Most of my time is spent teaching and attuning new students.

One of my favorite activities is a weekly New Age group meetup where we explore and practice such topics as divination and mediumship. It's great getting together with like-minded people while developing and honing our skills. We've been together over a year now and still going strong.

My favorite form of divination is the tarot. My favorite deck is the Legacy of the Divine Tarot. Pendulums and dowsings rods don't seem to like me much for some reason.

I also practice Aromatherapy for people and dogs, which is another of my great loves. My hubby and I have three little poochies.

I am an avid reading and am never without a book. If I find a subject I like, I read everything I can get my hands on about it. Early English historical fiction is my favorite read.

I often refer to myself as an Atheist Pagan Witch. Atheist for obvious reason. Pagan because of the lifestyle I try to live. Witch because I practice spellwork/magick. My brand of magick is what I refer to as Reiki Magick, as it is my belief that there is no situation that cannot benefit from a little healing.

I'm an older dog at 55 years of age. :rolleyes: I've been a housewife for the past 16 years and have loved every minute of it. Two grown children. My daughter is seven weeks pregnant today with her first child. :)

I am glad to be here and hope to learn much. Thanks for having me!

Edited to add: My time is spent these days volunteering at a local hospice as a reiki practitioner and visiting with patients. I have formed many close relationships. It is a gift to be able to sit vigil with my friends as they depart this life.

As a dog lover, I coordinate the volunteer dog walking program at my local animal shelter. I walked dogs at the shelter for three years till I quit a year ago to do hospice. I am cutting my hospice hours back and am going to start dog walking again next month as I need the exercise. Hospice is wonderful, but sitting on my butt all day isn't serving me well.

Hi Village Witch. I am new too. You sound like you have a really wonderful life! I have been told that I have healing gift too. I am just learning about all this and am anxious to know more about energetic healing. I love that you volunteer with Hospice. I am a dog lover too. I have a black lab that I love dearly. So glad to meet you. SharonJ

Welcome Village Witch,

Nice to hear the much needed work you do to benefit the community & animal kingdom is a passion of your....most commendable. :)

When you say you are a Atheist Pagan Witch, (Atheist...because you do not believe in a higher power?) Pagen due to the lifestyle....what is a Pagen Life Style? & Witch (Witch Craft??)....spells?

I ask these questions with total respect...as I do no know much about these subjects...as do many. Are your hospice companions ever concerned or confused about those choices in their times of uncertainty and in need of comfort?

I used to classify myself as Agnostic...open to the possibilities of a higher power but not set on the definitions of that...now I class myself as Spiritual....accepting my higher power..but still steering clear of the politics for the definition of that higher power.

Your thoughts? :D

Kindest Regards Neleh :)

When you say you are a Atheist Pagan Witch, (Atheist...because you do not believe in a higher power?) Pagen due to the lifestyle....what is a Pagen Life Style? & Witch (Witch Craft??)....spells?

I ask these questions with total respect...as I do no know much about these subjects...as do many. Are your hospice companions ever concerned or confused about those choices in their times of uncertainty and in need of comfort?

I used to classify myself as Agnostic...open to the possibilities of a higher power but not set on the definitions of that...now I class myself as Spiritual....accepting my higher power..but still steering clear of the politics for the definition of that higher power.

At times I find myself thinking there may be a so-called higher power; but when I down and think about it, I see all that is as energy. I'm not sure what life is. It seems to be something beyond simple energy. I can't explain it, but I can't buy into it being a higher power or from a higher power. Science will simply have to catch up.

I call myself Pagan for several reasons. It fits with my belief that everything/all existence has a consciousness of sorts and that I can communicate with it. Also, I am very much the environmentalist and read labels and keep my home as organic and pure as possible. I celebrate the Wiccan sabbats and esbats with my Wiccan friends honoring the seasons of the Earth and of my life.

As to witchcraft and spellwork. I focus/visualize on whatever it is that I wish to bring about. I chant words of power or mantras, dance and sing, or even scream at times to raise my energy levels to bursting at which time I release this energy to power my spell or to let go of whatever negativity or bad habit I need to rid myself of. Before I do all this, I sage my work space to cleanse it and invite my ancestors and any others that wish to empower my spell. Afterwards, I thank all those in attendance and go on my merry way.

As to my hospice patients, I am not allowed to voice my religious views. I once was asked by family what my religious affiliation was and when I said I was Atheist, I was asked not to visit with the patient any longer. I have never had a patient talk to me about their religious views, which is odd now that I think of it. Sometimes the family will talk about what they believe and I simply listen.

My view of life is that if you are not giving that you have no right to take. Giving can be as simple as a smile and a hello. I take issue with those that think life owes them something. What exactly?

I hope I have answered your questions.

Welcome Village Witch! I love dogs too!

My avatar symbolizes my love for dogs as well as the reiki work I do with dogs. There have been dogs at the animal shelter that won't let anyone but me put a leash on them or walk them as they are timid and afraid. I flow reiki for them to calm them and after walking them a few times, then other walkers can take over. I don't get too many dogs like that, but a few here and there.

Welcome Village Witch!

I've been curious about Reiki since I heard about it in one of my college courses. Haven't really been able to look into finding someone to teach me though... Looking forward to talking with you a bit.

Welcome Village Witch!

I've been curious about Reiki since I heard about it in one of my college courses. Haven't really been able to look into finding someone to teach me though... Looking forward to talking with you a bit.

I look forward to it too. Reiki is my life and I am always more than willing to discuss reiki. In fact, I've been told on another forum that reiki is all I ever talk about. :P