Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Chiilendrina

Reiki

I've been thinking about reiki for the past year and haven't really attempted to find out more until recently. Honestly the reason is the few members that have come in knowing reiki like Village Witch and Lilly Elizabeth and my friend Chamuel (who I'm pretty sure does Reiki). Well I'd like to learn more but figured I'd should ask some of ya'll for recommendations so that I'm more our less heading in the right direction.

I'd like to take a class, seems like the "attunement" is the place to start but not sure what to look for in one. Also I don't know if a book is the proper way to learn as well or if it's a decent substitute. Can the reiki folks here share their experience? Thanks! :D

I'm sure you will get a lot of differences of opinion when it comes to reiki. I find that there are two camps, the traditionalists and (for lack of a better word) new age reiki practitioners. I fall into the latter group.

At this time I won't go into what traditionalist and new agers like me believe as I am sure it will be addressed in further posts.

I have never taken a reiki class although I do teach reiki. It is important to understand what reiki is and how to use it. I do believe you can learn what reiki is and how to use reiki from a book, but I feel it is important to read several reiki books in order to get a well rounded view of what reiki is and how it works. A reiki attunement (the ability to flow reiki) must be given by a reiki master. This can be done in person or by remote/distant techniques.

I recommend starting with an inexpensive little book called The Reiki Magic Guide to Self Attunement by Brett Bevell. Brett also offers a wonderful book called Reiki for Spiritual Healing. I recommend starting with his self attunement book first. Two other good reiki books are Reiki for Life by Penelope Quest and Essential Reiki by Diane Stein.

I practice several disciplines of reiki, Usui Reiki which is the most commonly practiced reiki, Karuna Ki Reiki (a very specialized form of reiki), Kundalini Reiki (which I use most exclusively these days), Diamond Reiki and Gold Reiki. Kundalini and Diamond Reiki are a very intense forms of reiki. When I place my hands on a client, they can feel the difference in the forms of reiki I flow. I can intentionally choose the form of reiki I wish to flow or simply let the client "tell" me what form of reiki they need. I can tell by the feel of the energy pumping through my hands what type of reiki is flowing.

Reiki is my life and not a day goes by that I don't employ reiki in some way. I reiki my food to enhance the vitamins and minerals in it. I reiki my bath water so that it may sooth and caress me as I bathe. I put up reiki shields to protect my home, myself or others if I sense danger. And, of course, there is always someone I know that is in need of reiki.

I could type for hours here, but I would rather address any questions anyone has one by one. I realize that sometimes a person doesn't know what to ask. That is why I feel it is a good idea to read the recommended books listed above if you are truly interested in learning reiki.

Well,I just want to add that I don't really know very much about it. My Aunt and I both want to learn how to practice Reiki but,we can't find anyone to teach us or do the attunements. I just use normal energy from the universe and mother Earth.

VW,

Thank you very much! Honestly most of any i've learned I've learned with books and some things I found particularly helpful when I've taken a class with a small group of like minded individuals. However, like Lilly I too have not found what may be a reasonable place to learn Reiki. What I've found online are some courses but they're over $600 US dollars and that's quite a price for something i'm not sure what aspects I was looking for. I have seen Reiki DVD's on Netflix and I was really interested to see what they were like. They've been sitting in my cue waiting for me to return my current video, I might just have to finally return my video.

Part of the reason I wanted to do Reiki was because I have felt for some time that my energy, not just the physical kind, wasn't flowing as well as it can. I meditate, I have used a Radiac (a device that I have used with some success but the process of using it is time consuming and as a mom I just don't have that kind of time) and I've cleared my aura's and chakras but I've felt like something has been amiss. Like I need a key to unlock something within me. And Reiki was something that has interested me but I didn't know if I could do it. I remembered when I received Reiki from a friend, we bartered a cat sit for her service, and I just had this amazing sense of clarity that I had not felt in a long time. Nonetheless, it left me with the impression that with Reiki you needed to be guided through it in order to achieve the correct result. I'm glad to know that that is not the case.

Thankfully I found the self attunement book by Brett Bevell in an ebook format which makes it much easier for me to acquire. In my search i also found other books by a man named Steve Murray. I had viewed one of his DVD's through Netflix and found his meditation surprisingly helpful although the rest of the content a bit lack luster. His DVD's are what I found on Netflix that I have considered viewing and just wanted to ask if you knew anything of him or his reputation?

The other question I guess I have is do you have to have a natural inclination towards Reiki for it to work or can it be something anyone can pick up? I guess what I mean is did you naturally have a certain ability to emanate energy or have 'healing hands' that it seemed like the correct avenue to explore. Like some people can be mediums but that doesn't mean they're all the other types of psychics. Like for me, I think I naturally lean more towards clairvoyance and precognition, I seem to work with time. Could I still learn to do Reiki well? Or is it like Meditation, anyone one can do it if they so choose?

Since you know the different styles of Reiki is there a particular one you feel is appropriate to start with/receive an attunement in? I see you have a preference for the Kundalani, is that because you found those practices the most effective? That's the other thing that I found a bit confusing. The teachers that I find that do attunements do so using different 'lineages' and I wasn't sure which one would be the best to explore. Maybe there is no 'best' but for that amount of money I should have an idea of what I'm paying for. :rolleyes: :lol:

Thank you both so much for your time!

Well,I just want to add that I don't really know very much about it. My Aunt and I both want to learn how to practice Reiki but,we can't find anyone to teach us or do the attunements. I just use normal energy from the universe and mother Earth.

I have a friend who flows natural energy. She is very effective.

The trick with reiki and with flowing natural energy is to be sure you "step aside" and flow the intended energy. When I first became attuned to reiki, I found myself flowing my own personal energy. That can be and is very draining. A reiki practitioner channels the reiki energy through her own body and thereby receives a treatment herself while treating others.

I refer to Kundalini Reiki as earth energy as it awakens and rises from the root chakra up through the chakra system, while Usui Reiki flows from the crown chakra down through to the heart chakra and out the arms and hands.

Another form of reiki is called Emanation Reiki. It is a technique of creating reiki holograms (requires a special attunement), attuning these holograms to reiki and placing them on the body. I credit reiki holograms for saving my dog's life when he was poisoned.

I agree that finding a class is always a huge help in learning an endeavor. It gives you a change to share and learn from the experiences of others.

I am not familiar with Steve Murray. I always make sure to read the book reviews on Amazon.com but Brett Bevell doesn't have stellar reviews due to his "out there" approach to reiki. Sometimes you need to let your intuition guide you. I am a firm believer in and practitioner of Brett's form of reiki.

Anyone can become a reiki practitioner if they truly want to be able to flow reiki and will allow the attunement to happen. I have had clients that simply would not let me flow reiki for them even though they asked for reiki. My daughter is one of them. It breaks my heart. Reiki and a reiki attunement can never be forced on a person. If a person is blocking/rejecting reiki, reiki will not flow from my hands, even during an distance reiki treatment. I have attuned a few folks to reiki and the attunement didn't work. It was nothing on my part but was their resistance or unbelief or fear that prevented the attunement from working. I find I get some people who take a "what have I got to lose" attitude when taking my classes. Reiki doesn't not work for them. Most of my classes are done at nursing homes or hospice groups and are free of charge. If a person had to pay for a reiki attunement, they would be more serious about becoming a reiki practitioner. I have attuned several people to reiki who never use it. They played with it for a bit and then lost interest. I do not feel that reiki in this case was wasted. If there is ever a need, the reiki will flow. Once you are attuned to reiki, you are always attuned to reiki.

You must always start with Usui Reiki as Usui is the most gentle reiki. A reiki attunement clears and cleanses the practitioners body of negative thought patterns and toxins held within the bodies: mind, body, spirit. An attunement raises the body's energy vibration allowing the reiki energy to flow. If a person is not attuned to all three degrees of Usui Reiki first, a Kundalini Reiki attunement would seriously knock their energy body out of whack.

When it comes to lineages, we have to go back to the differences in belief between traditional reiki practitioners and new age practitioners. Traditionalist say that a practitioner must know their linage. There are those that swear by the lineage of William Rand. All lineages lead back to Dr. Usui who is credited with revising and reacquainting us with reiki. It is believed that reiki has been practiced in very ancient times. I have lineage papers and certificates stating that I have been attuned to all three degrees of Usui Reiki. Some reiki groups or organizations will not allow you entry if you are not certificated and have lineage papers. It is not important to me to have certificates of attunement or lineage papers, but as I practice reiki as a volunteer with a hospice group, I need to have "proof" that I am what I say I am. For this reason, some good friends of mine re-attuned me to Usui Reiki and gave me my certificates for free.

I have been lucky enough to run across a group in my local area called ReikiGlo that meets every Monday night. We take turns hosting the meet-ups. The idea behind ReikiGlo is to share experiences and to give each member that desires a reiki treatment. Having a group reiki treatment is a wonderful experience.

I hope I have answered your questions for now. I love reiki and am always willing to share my perspective.

Don't worry, do reiki. ~ Village Witch :)

It is important to know that reiki cleanses the mind, body and spirit. When a person is given a reiki attunement, they will go though a 21 day cleansing process at which time thoughts and feelings they thought long buried will surface. These thoughts and feelings come to the surface to be acknowledged and worked through. A reiki client will also experience such issues, but not the 21 day cleansing. The newly attune practitioner must give themselves reiki every day for 21 days. It is a good idea to give yourself reiki everyday anyway even if just for a few minute while trying to fall asleep at night.

It is important for a newly attuned practitioner and a reiki client to drink lots of water after an attunement or treatment to lessen the affects of what is called a healing crisis. A person may feel like they have the flu or a cold for several days. The more water consumed the less the symptoms. Water flushes toxins out of the body that are released as a result of a reiki cleansing.

Most traditionalist teachers will teach hand positions to be used during a reiki treatment. I do not teach or use hand positions. Dr. Usui did not teach hand positions. Mrs. Takata, who is credited with bringing reiki to the western world, did teach hand positions in giving a reiki treatment. Her technique is widely known and taught in the reiki world. I do not use hand positions as I was taught that reiki is intelligent/divinely guided energy and knows what areas of the body to target. Hand positions are not used or taught in using the higher forms of reiki such as kundalini reiki. It is certainly okay to place your hands over an area of the body when pain or illness is experienced, but the school of thought is that the area of the body that is experiencing pain or illness may not be the area of the cause of the pain or illness. Sometimes the chakra above or below the area of concern is blocked causing an overload of energy or a starving of energy to other chakras. Scanning the body with your hands will allow you to feel these areas of concern. Reiki also heightens your intuition. I rely heavily on my intuition when using reiki. Most often I "see" or simply know what areas to target rather than feeling the energy during a scan.

Practicing reiki on a regular basis, if only on yourself, will heighten your ability to flow reiki as it will further open your chakras and increase the flow of reiki. This is what the higher forms of reiki do, allowing for a greater sustained flow of reiki.

Along your reiki path, things will fall in place and teachers and other reiki practitioners and information will come into your life when you need them/it most. I always say that the Goddess gives when the time is right. When you are ready, all you need will come. :)

Another form of reiki is called Emanation Reiki. It is a technique of creating reiki holograms (requires a special attunement), attuning these holograms to reiki and placing them on the body. I credit reiki holograms for saving my dog's life when he was poisoned.

I need to correct my error here.

Everything has a reiki imprint. Reiki is simply a name for the unique vibration of each everything that exists. Even our individual body organs have their own unique energy vibration that holds them together. It has been found that if you take cells from different body organs and put them in a petri dish, that they will seek out and find their own kind. Isn't life amazing?!

During a normal reiki treatment, the reiki flows through the practitioner to the recipient. During an Emanation Reiki treatment, the reiki is called forth/awakened from within the recipient/client.

I use a technique called 100 Hand Reiki in which I create 100 holograms of my hands, attune these holograms to reiki and place them around the body of the client.

I always keep reiki attuned stones and crystals around the house. I am always on the lookout for flat 3-4 inch stones. I often snitch one or two from my neighbor's driveway when I pop by for a visit. :D I attune these stones to reiki and often use them as extra hands when giving a reiki treatment. I am told they feel great when placed along the spine, especially at the top and bottom of the spine. Unfortunately I cannot feel reiki energy when it is flowing for me although I can feel reiki flow through my hands to the recipient.

Now you all got me started on reiki and I can talk forever on the subject. There is so much that can be done with reiki and something new around every corner. I read and re-read my reiki books all the time. They are my constant companions.

One thing I wanted to mention about the differences in types of reiki, A Usui Reiki treatment lasts 45 minutes on average if you are giving a full body treatment with hand positions. It is recommended to have a reiki table for such treatments. A Kundalini Reiki treatment lasts 3-5 minutes and can be done with the client sitting in a chair.

Another book I highly recommend is Donna Eden's Energy Medicine which teaches simple exercises designed to restore the body's natural energy flow. This book did wonders for me. There is a DVD of the book also which makes understanding the exercises a bit easier, but it is obviously more expensive than the book.

I sure hope I am not overloading everyone with too much information here, but I get very excited when I find an audience. :D

I did want to mention that a person's "higher self" can be attuned to reiki. This gives the ability to temporarily attune objects to reiki. For example, if someone happens to have bronchitis, I can temporarily attune their lungs and bronchial tubes to reiki for a specified amount of time or I can simply state that the attunement last till no longer needed. There have been times that I have attune a person's hands to reiki...not their whole body as in a physical reiki attunement...to give them the ability to flow reiki temporarily through their hands only. I do this at times at our weekly psychic classes when doing a group reiki session so that everyone can participate. This is some of Brett Bevell's teachings.

I credit reiki with opening my psychic abilities and making me aware of my psychic abilities. When we are bogged down with negative energies, often ones we don't know we are harboring, we are not open to tapping into the energies flowing around us. Reiki has gone a very long way in allowing me to heal childhood abuse issues. I found myself remembering incidents I hadn't thought of for years. I had no idea I had been harboring so much resentment and anger. This led to past life regressions that revealed relationships and people that have followed me into this life. I am gratful to reiki each and every day. I so desire to give this wonderful gift to all who desire it.

Sorry for all the long posts. You started it! :P

Dearest Chili,

I would encourage you to seek out practioners in your area and ask them to recommend someone. I simply followed the messages I recieved. My classes were not 'traditional' but that is not where I was led - so that's OK with me. My teacher often does workshops and seminars where she attunes many people in a single weekend. I went to her house and it was very personal and intimate. VW has given you a lot of good advise. I am now re-reading my Reiki books after my attunements and I can honestly say it is a very different experience now. By my 3rd attunement my trust in my psychic abilities really increased. I was scanning peolpe on the table just to see what I could 'pick-up' , and was amazingly accurate. Not to mention the fact that every time you give Reiki you receive Reiki. It heals on many levels gives you insights that may otherwise go unnoticed. My attunements were less than $50.00 each and done in a weekend. It is worth the effort and very rewarding. :wub:

Love & Light

Lila

Perhaps we should have a subforum for sharing Reiki ?

So glad you have had such a rewarding reiki experience, Lila. :)

I have often offered to attune my sister to reiki or give her reiki treatments, but she says she simply doesn't have the time to work through her issues. I understand that. She is a middle school guidance counselor and her work day doesn't end at the close of school each day. It is my dream that everyone learn reiki, but that simply isn't realistic.

My next project is to contact a local hospital that once tried to recruit me as a reiki practitioner. I chose a hospice group instead but rarely have the opportunity to use reiki. It seems when a person is facing the end of their life, their religious beliefs are of great concern. Reiki scares some people and their families as they are not sure it fits with their belief system. I was once asked by the family not to visit a patient any longer when it was found out that I practice reiki. I do not personally offer my services; but the hospice group I volunteer with will contact the patient and/or family about reiki if they feel there is a need. Volunteering at a local hospital that is very progressive with alternative holistic disciplines to healing will give me an opportunity to work with all kinds of patients. I so look forward to that.

Sounds extremely exciting and promising,VW! I would love to do that. I have often thought of making our rescue dog and my new baby therapy animals. I need to learn to drive first though.

Sounds extremely exciting and promising,VW! I would love to do that. I have often thought of making our rescue dog and my new baby therapy animals. I need to learn to drive first though.

That would be a wonderful thing to do! The nursing home where I volunteer has both cats and dogs as therapy animals. One nursing home in my area has a resident cat.

Oh wow! How do they keep the cat around the elderly people? I know some have very thin skin and it doesn't take much to break their delicate skin.

Oh wow! How do they keep the cat around the elderly people? I know some have very thin skin and it doesn't take much to break their delicate skin.

I have no idea. I have to wonder what they do about people with allergies to cat dander. I have seen the cat allow the residents to pet it. It will usually jump up on a table or chair. I have never seen it jump on a bed or on a person's lap.

It is possible to train a cat. It's just very hard.They may have trained the cat or they got a very special cat.

Well I am Very happy for what I started! :D :dance:

VW, Thank you for the book recommendations I have purchased Bevell's book as well as Essential Reiki. With the wealth of Knowledge that VW has given me i almost feel silly purchasing a book ^_^ but I know how I am and I like to sit and do research on my own. So much of what you have given me and thoughts that recently occurred make me feel like this is the path that I should be taking. Part of the reason I decided to purchase Essential Reiki was because of the first few sentences in the first paragraph of her introduction:

"I wished I were "psychic" and could learn to do the things other women seemed to do so easily. For the next five years I read every book I could find on the subject - there weren't many of them then - and experimented (mostly on myself) wit what I had learned... I somehow felt that there was a piece of information missing, something that would increase the effectiveness of hands-on healing plus make it easy and simple as I suspected it could and should be."

Just move things around to mainly refer to psychic and that's where I am. I know that there's more to it and there's something that's not just mental that's blocking my growth. I've grown so much emotionally and spiritually and yet my abilities stay pretty constant. Nonetheless, one book I had purchased and I immediately gravitated towards was Hands Of Light by Barbara Brennan. I found the ideas on energy absolutely fascinating and illuminating it made so much sense. It made my training in the Silva Method feel validated as a path that I needed to take as it lead me to so much more. I knew healing was a path I wanted to take and I had tried to follow through the workbook but I couldn't quite do it. I worked at a veterinary clinic for several years and I yearned to be able to help more than just assisting the doctors and nursing them through it medically. I knew deep down inside that my love, my energy, my light should be able to do more. When my son would battle illnesses I hoped and prayed and asked God's light to help him find relief and peace. I want to do more, why can't I? What's stopping me?

And yet I've been exposed to Reiki. I had one session that learned so much from and it just didn't click for me then that it was something I wanted to pursue. In my little sidebar under interest I wrote: "Energy. I think that really sums it up for me, I think it's the basis for everything so for that reason I'm interested in Everything :)" And that's what Reiki is all about, Energy. Village Witch you just opened my eyes! Thank You so much for finding this place and your willingness to talk about the subject :wub:

Lila, before you had posted I had come to the conclusion that I will pursue the attunements from a Reiki Master. I have decided however to learn about Reiki, be open to it and learn from it as much as I can. If the Universe will lead me to a Reiki Master or give me a way to purchase the class then that's what I will do. I understand how I learn. I understand a lot in theory but the personal attention of teacher helps me in leaps and bounds. Before I began my spiritual journey I found a little paperback book at the book store on the Silva Method. It discussed how are thoughts create our physical realities. I was a very negative and sarcastic person then who somehow managed to always find drama. It shed light on how my thinking was in fact the cause for all my troubles and not some outside source. I adhered to the theory for about a year. I always felt that I could do something more and so I finally bit the bullet and took the course. It helped immensely. Reiki I feel is on of those things. The fact that it is encouraged to work on it for 21 days straight before going to the next level just brings to mind the commitment it requires and I'm okay with that. Having said that I know that the timing is right for me to learn is now but the time for me to take the attunements will come much later (Definitely not a year later though lol). I seek to be taught and I will find a teacher. And thankfully I have you guys to teach me a bit :)

Your suggestion of having a subforum for sharing reiki is duly noted and I will make efforts to bring that about. It may just be posted in the healing section but as I still don't know too much about reiki and don't want to make any definitive motions as to where it should go so give me at least to work on that. But you will see it! I think it's very important subject matter that surprisingly isn't brought up often enough on the guild (until VW came of course :)

Thank you all for your postings! :D

VW, Thank you for the book recommendations I have purchased Bevell's book as well as Essential Reiki. With the wealth of Knowledge that VW has given me i almost feel silly purchasing a book ^_^ but I know how I am and I like to sit and do research on my own

I worked at a veterinary clinic for several years and I yearned to be able to help more than just assisting the doctors and nursing them through it medically.

Village Witch you just opened my eyes! Thank You so much for finding this place and your willingness to talk about the subject :wub:

So glad you got the books. When you have the time, Penelope Quest's Reiki for Life is a book you shouldn't miss. I too love doing my own research at my own pace. Barbara Brennan was someone I just couldn't connect to. I tried several times to read her book but I ended up giving it away. Different authors speak to us differently. I once gave Brett's book to two new reiki practitioners who loved him at first and then fell into the hands of a traditionalist :P reiki practitioner and now Brett does things with reiki that shouldn't be done. Seriously? To each his own, but I don't condemn how others teach or practice reiki. I just point out the differences.

And my willingness to talk about reiki??? I am in my glory. b3wylg.jpg

Just last night I came down with a sore throat. I temporarily attuned my throat and the viruses causing my sore throat to reiki. I am not completely cured but I feel a lot better than I know I would be feeling if the viruses were to run their course. Reiki has so much potential. Brett Bevell once attuned his knotted back muscles to the reiki of a pain killing drug (as you will read in the book) as he was in a lot of pain from an injury. He said that the pain instantly diminished and he was able to straighten his back. Think of the possibilities this could have in the world of medicine! People without medical care would get the help and medicines they need without the cost or the side effects!

I do a little exercise where I attune the cells in my body to yin reiki and then attune the space between the cells to yang reiki. It sets my whole body buzzing. I do this demonstration to at times with new reiki practitioners so that they can fully feel the potential of reiki. It makes believers out of them! Yin and Yang never merge but flow constantly into each other. What would happen if we could harness reiki as an inexhaustible energy source?!

When I first started practicing reiki, I tried out my skills at the local animal shelter where I volunteer. I am able to calm scared and timid dogs and take them for walks while no one else is able to do so. I keep offering to teach reiki to the staff, but so far no takers. They just call me. I have helped saved the life of a a 15 year old dog that was kicked in the face by a horse and had it's jaw broken and teeth knocked out. I am also an aromatherapist that specializes in dogs. I always have essential oils for dogs in my purse along with Bach's Rescue Remedy for Dogs. I don't want anyone to think I am bragging about my abilities, but it is thrilling to see and know that you have made a difference in a dog or a person's life. You can't help wanting to share this wonderful gift with everyone.

In my opinion, reiki belongs to the world. Imagine raising a generation of children taught to flow reiki. Reiki can be sent to situations and not just people, such as a bully situation at school or my daughter's marriage. :P If all the world were focused on healing, what I wonderful world it would be. :)

My dream is two things, 1) to run a free reiki clinic for those that cannot afford health care and 2) to be able to use reiki to do such amazing things such as power my home. I can't do it all myself, but along with others with a fire lit under them as I have, who knows what the possibilities may be.

VW & Chili !! I feel a kindred spirit. I used to work in animal hospitals. It was 2 years ago when my 17 yr old dog was dying that I began seeking Reiki info. I always wanted to help dogs that were unable to 'speak' their needs. :woofpup:

I have dreamed of helping to calm frightened animals so the doctors could treat them.

I have started my 'homework' with good results. I sent distant reiki & abundance to mom on 3 nights last week. In total she won $1,350.00 at bingo !!

I have cleared and charged my crystals and pedulum. I have given reiki to all our medicines, vitamins, and even the doggie heartworm pills.

Hubby started getting a sore throat and thought he was coming down with a cold. He had to get up at 4am to go to work Sat., then had to go take annual test for insurance license. He came home exhausted and hungry. I gave reiki to his chicken soup and after a nap his head was clear and he was alert and energized. :)

My neighbor works with disbled vets and I would like to get more practise before I volunteer to help him.

For a while I thought I would like to be a Reiki bandit, and go around giving random reiki to strangers. But, that 'permission' part tripped me up. haha

I expect delivery of "Hands of Light" tomorrow ! My teacher had a copy and also recommended it. As for Diane Stein's book, I got the distinct impression she doesn't care much for the male population. But, I learned to take what you like and leave the rest. I just about dried up my highlighter on her book ! :)

VW, I am definately going to order ' Energy Medicine' next. I told my teacher it felt like little zingers coming from a classmates heart chakra INTO my hands. When she sat up from the table she said she was surrounded in green. That made sense to me, but my teacher almost implied that I put it there. I was confused. I still have much to learn and now I am curious about Karuna Reiki as well.

Chiili, I to am glad you started this ! :P

A great thing to do is find some friends interested in becoming reiki practitioners and meet up once a week or so to flow reiki for each other. Having a weekly group reiki treatment is a wonderful thing!

My weekly reiki group used to hold once-a-month free-to-the-public reiki nights. We didn't get very many participants but a few who are now reiki practitioners themselves. We give free reiki attunements to those we fell are truly interested and would like to join the group.

I just gave a reiki treatment to my daughter who suffers from anxiety. She feels so much better now. Of course there is still a lot of work to be done. Just her allowing me... finally... to give her reiki is a huge step. She is pregnant and is scared of taking any meds that might harm the baby. We are going to a friends house this week to give my daughter a group reiki treatment. She needs more powerful reiki than I am able to give her by myself. I can keep up with the regular weekly treatments but sometimes there is a need for a big jolt of reiki to knock loose whatever has got a hold on a person. During the reiki treatment just now, I called in the Arch Angel Michael to sever the tie a negative entity had on my daughter. I also called in my ancestors and her ancestors to help flow reiki for her. She is very much a believer now. :)

You guys have my imagination soaring with the possibilities. I do think one day Nurses may use Reiki on patients in the hospital. Some nurses already practice a certain kind of healing called Theraputic Touch. I did have two books on the subject and worked a little with it. I didn't get to far. My Mom likes me to massage her neck so,maybe I can run a little reiki through her while doing that! Just a thought. I don't know if you can actually do that or not. It would certainly enhance the effects of a massage! Maybe even Chiropractors could help further the healing. Or an acupuncturist could attune her "needles" to help further her healing! You all have definitely got me thinking! :)

You guys have my imagination soaring with the possibilities. I do think one day Nurses may use Reiki on patients in the hospital. Some nurses already practice a certain kind of healing called Theraputic Touch. I did have two books on the subject and worked a little with it. I didn't get to far. My Mom likes me to massage her neck so,maybe I can run a little reiki through her while doing that! Just a thought. I don't know if you can actually do that or not. It would certainly enhance the effects of a massage! Maybe even Chiropractors could help further the healing. Or an acupuncturist could attune her "needles" to help further her healing! You all have definitely got me thinking! :)

It's possible to do all that, Lilly. If you can think it, you can do it. Seriously. :)

It's all so exciting. It seems the possibilities are really endless. You just have to use your imagination.

Our local Chiropracter offers accupressure and Reiki !!! My teacher said that some of her students were RMT's and felt the reiki flowing from their elbows ! :angel:

A great thing to do is find some friends interested in becoming reiki practitioners and meet up once a week or so to flow reiki for each other. Having a weekly group reiki treatment is a wonderful thing!

My weekly reiki group used to hold once-a-month free-to-the-public reiki nights. We didn't get very many participants but a few who are now reiki practitioners themselves. We give free reiki attunements to those we fell are truly interested and would like to join the group.

I just gave a reiki treatment to my daughter who suffers from anxiety. She feels so much better now. Of course there is still a lot of work to be done. Just her allowing me... finally... to give her reiki is a huge step. She is pregnant and is scared of taking any meds that might harm the baby. We are going to a friends house this week to give my daughter a group reiki treatment. She needs more powerful reiki than I am able to give her by myself. I can keep up with the regular weekly treatments but sometimes there is a need for a big jolt of reiki to knock loose whatever has got a hold on a person. During the reiki treatment just now, I called in the Arch Angel Michael to sever the tie a negative entity had on my daughter. I also called in my ancestors and her ancestors to help flow reiki for her. She is very much a believer now. :)

I am hoping to put together a reiki share group with my teachers' former and current students. Since I have no other friends or family to work on, I will trust the universe will provide whatever is in our best and highest good.

I am not sure who to call in for help besides Jesus and Raphael. I guess I should get to know my ancestors. I wish the very best for your daughter & baby.