Universal Psychic Guild Forum
nex

Greetings

Y'all can call me Xenth. I'm new to these forums and have been lurking them for about a day. You guys seem to know what is up, so I figured I'd give these forums a shot. I browse image boards frequently and post anonymously on the topics of psychic abilities and some occult. As for what I 'practice'...well that's kind of a dim-lighted area. I consider myself new-age, and when it comes to developing my abilities - I embody mostly eastern practices. In the sense of development, I take it more naturally aside from beating the heavenly drum, meditation, and some visualization. I am an empath and I sometimes hear people think (the latter isn't controlled). I started developing my abilities last year, and have dropped about 70 pounds due to physical illness (I learned the hard way that balance is key). I can help people who have just started on this type of path by relating and simply by talking...so if you want some help from me, just ask - though i'll admit i'm not the most experienced. Anyways, you seem like a nice bunch of guys and gals, and I'd love to share what little I know and hopefully I can learn a ton. Cheers.

Guest Moopurple

Welcome.

It must be interesting to hear people think. How do you know it is thoughts from others? Does it feel intrusive?

I have always used vocal tone and facial expressions/body movements to read thoughts. But that is more of a science than a metaphysical skill :P

Welcome aboard :)

I can personally say when it comes to reading some thoughts I do look out for facial movements and body language but I also pay attention to their voice...how a person says something can speak volumes. I think somehow put two and two together. It is art, science and metaphysical all combined I think lol.

I would also love to know how you developed your abilities.

Welcome.

It must be interesting to hear people think. How do you know it is thoughts from others? Does it feel intrusive?

I have always used vocal tone and facial expressions/body movements to read thoughts. But that is more of a science than a metaphysical skill :P

I know it is thoughts from others because I hear what they're about to say before they say it verbatim (they speak them about 90% of the time). And yes, it feels incredibly intrusive...but it does give me confidence when it happens. I could develop it and control it probably, but I won't. Personal guidelines and all that. That and it would probably be very difficult.

Welcome aboard :)

I can personally say when it comes to reading some thoughts I do look out for facial movements and body language but I also pay attention to their voice...how a person says something can speak volumes. I think somehow put two and two together. It is art, science and metaphysical all combined I think lol.

I would also love to know how you developed your abilities.

Ironically, most of the times that it happened, I wasn't facing the person that I heard...but I've always been not more than a few feet away from them. I would never rule out the notion of my mind making a subconscious effort to piece potential thoughts together...but every time it happens, I actually hear them in my head. The thoughts I've heard have never been wrong (and to reiterate- I don't ever attempt to do it...it just happens). It's not one of those things I'm completely used to yet.

Also, I developed my abilities by 'beating the heavenly drum' and doing some things in a link I don't have available to me anymore. The link had things that you should do everyday (increased consumption of garlic, and chanting a one syllable word, among other things). Here's the link on how to do the heavenly drum thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYHLv44KqXw

Guest Moopurple

Wow...that is interesting. I have never heard of the heavenly drum thing before.

Wow...that is interesting. I have never heard of the heavenly drum thing before.

Two days after I started doing it, I heard someone elses thoughts for the first time. I'm almost positive that the results are different for each individual. I struggled with believing I was insane for a couple months after everything started...but I never stopped doing it. Lol.

Guest Moopurple

I tried doing what he said out of curiosity what immediate effects it might have and it was like a torture mechanism. Kudos to you for keeping it up :P

I tried doing what he said out of curiosity what immediate effects it might have and it was like a torture mechanism. Kudos to you for keeping it up :P

It's Qigong.

Guest Moopurple

Just to clarify...I meant that the sound it made (it echoed in my ears) was what I found torturous about it. Not to dissuade others from trying! I may have been doing it wrong. ;) or maybe it's just the effect it had on me.