Universal Psychic Guild Forum
itsMEagain

Introducing.....me!

Hi, my name is Melissa. I have been a member since 2010, and right now I am so aggravated because I keep hitting the mouse pad on my lap top so the pointer keeps moving the insertion thingy to the wrong place! ANYWAY!! I love learning about psychic abilities, always wished I was psychic, but of course, I am not. That's OK though, I think it would be super cool to someday be read by someone. I don't know why I want that so bad. Its almost like i'm looking for proof but I really do believe people are truly gifted like that. I don't know, maybe its cause I've had things and people close to me recently disappear from my life and have no idea where they went or what happened that made things go so wrong all of a sudden. Or maybe it wasn't all of a sudden, I just couldn't see things for what they really were. It sucks. Recently, I've been wondering if its possible that some people diagnosed with with schizophrenia or bipolar disorders could actually not be crazy due to their "hallucinations and delusions" and really be gifted with other abilities that doctors maybe just don't agree with. But, that's probably not very likely considering there are other qualifying factors present in order for them to be diagnosed as mentally ill. I don't know.....I'm rambling. I do that. Not in person though. People i meet are usually telling me to shut up in a very sarcastic way.

So, yeah, I'm me and your you! Glad we could meet!! I look forward to learning a lot here. Hopefully I don't offend anyone with my ignorance!

Loudsoup

Guest Moopurple

Welcome.

It would be interesting to figure out if there is a way to differentiate between hallucinations and "being gifted"...are they really seeing spirits/beings from other dimensions/etc. or is it created in their own mind?

Nice to meet you,Melissa. I enjoyed reading your intro,it was very entertaining lol. Did you have another account or were you just a lurker for that long? Anyway,welcome back to the forum! ^.^

Nice to meet you,Melissa. I enjoyed reading your intro,it was very entertaining lol. Did you have another account or were you just a lurker for that long? Anyway,welcome back to the forum! ^.^

No other account. I just poked around a bit when I first registered, then just kinda forgot about it. I have 3 kids and the the two youngest were quite a handful around that time. They are at the age now where they let me do my thing from time to time. Thanks for welcoming me!!

Welcome.

It would be interesting to figure out if there is a way to differentiate between hallucinations and "being gifted"...are they really seeing spirits/beings from other dimensions/etc. or is it created in their own mind?

Thanks! I couldn't imagine going through something like that, not being able to recognize reality. It's fascinating how the mind can work with you and sometimes against you! I watched a you tube video about children with schizophrenia, very interesting!!

Hi Loudsoup, welcome.

I dont think there are any links between shizophrenia and psychic abilities. There was once a poster on here who suggested we were all schizophrenic. If you read into schizophrenia in depth and psychic abilities in depth, you will see that they arent as similar as they may appear to an "outsider" so to speak.

Better still get to know people with psychic ability and some with schizophrenia. I know and have known several, (actually probably hundreds of people now) who have psychic ability and a couple of people who are schizophrenic, and quite frankly the two are very very different indeed.

Enjoy the forumangel.gif

Hi, and thanks!

I haven't known anyone with psychic abilities, that I know of or can remember. This one friend of mine just learned that she is really good at remote viewing. Her mom told her about a course being given about it. Turns out she's quite gifted! Funny how someone can have such an ability and not even realize it till later on in life!

I've had a couple experiences with my 2 youngest kids in the house I live in now. They have seen things, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't their imagination. The first was with my youngest, he was just a baby. We were sitting on the bed and I could tell by the way he reacted that something got right up in his face, then backed off, then back in his face again. He was really startled and started crying, it freaked me out! I jumped up without thinking and yelled at whatever it was telling it not to ever scare my children like that again and that it needed to leave and never come back! Another time, my daughter who was about 2 at the time said she didn't like the way the little man over there (pointing at the closet) was looking at her. She hurried across to hide behind her dad's leg. I hesitated a moment (wondering what her dad would think of what I was gonna do) and told the little man if he was gonna be scaring my kids like that he needed to leave. And that was it! I've had a couple experiences by my self as well. I seem to get more frightened by my self, I guess cause I don't have my kids there to be strong for.... that's kinda funny, huh?

Just felt like sharing that!happy.gif

TTFN,

Melissa

Melissa,

Welcome! All interesting topics going on here I love it!

As for your original concern I have friends/acquaintances who are either bipolar or schizophrenic. And there's definitely a major difference that I have seen with what they perceive and what psychics perceive. For my unmedicated bipolar friends they are incredibly self centered and find if anything they think/believe that they are like the one true god, that everyone should be and think like them. Those who are not are doing a major disservice to humanity. By the same token they would contradict themselves so even if you agreed with them they would think something is wrong with you because they believe something else. Overall they want to hold and understand the answers but not have anyone else understand them. But then again I only know two people that were bipolar so I'm only going by my experience with them and not by a clinical definition. As for schizophrenic I did wonder if some are actually seeing spirits instead of hallucinations but a friend of mine so happened be diagnosed as such. When she mentioned it I did, as carefully as I could, ask if maybe she was more psychic than schiz. She said her and her mother thought of that too but she knew it wasn't the former because they would tell her to do things to hurt herself and new something was off. So when it comes to these mental/neurological issues because they are so overwhelmingly negative but general (with bipolar) or specific (with schiz) it helped me to realize that these are outside the paranormal realm. Well, those are my two cents lol :D

It's interesting that your little ones have seen things at such a young age. My little one has had some questionable experiences as well. Kids I tell ya, they see the darndest things :lol:

Welcome again. I hope to see you around often :D

Melissa,

Welcome! All interesting topics going on here I love it!

As for your original concern I have friends/acquaintances who are either bipolar or schizophrenic. And there's definitely a major difference that I have seen with what they perceive and what psychics perceive. For my unmedicated bipolar friends they are incredibly self centered and find if anything they think/believe that they are like the one true god, that everyone should be and think like them. Those who are not are doing a major disservice to humanity. By the same token they would contradict themselves so even if you agreed with them they would think something is wrong with you because they believe something else. Overall they want to hold and understand the answers but not have anyone else understand them. But then again I only know two people that were bipolar so I'm only going by my experience with them and not by a clinical definition. As for schizophrenic I did wonder if some are actually seeing spirits instead of hallucinations but a friend of mine so happened be diagnosed as such. When she mentioned it I did, as carefully as I could, ask if maybe she was more psychic than schiz. She said her and her mother thought of that too but she knew it wasn't the former because they would tell her to do things to hurt herself and new something was off. So when it comes to these mental/neurological issues because they are so overwhelmingly negative but general (with bipolar) or specific (with schiz) it helped me to realize that these are outside the paranormal realm. Well, those are my two cents lol :D

It's interesting that your little ones have seen things at such a young age. My little one has had some questionable experiences as well. Kids I tell ya, they see the darndest things :lol:

Welcome again. I hope to see you around often :D

Hello, and thanks!!

I've come to the conclusion that mental illnesses are incomparable to those with psychic abilities. It was really just a thought I had without putting too much thought into it. Now I find myself wondering if schizophrenics ever have the voices tell them to do positive things. I've been reading some blogs for those with such illnesses and all of them had horrible stories to tell! These voices telling them to kill, or that they were going to be killed, or they hear people laughing at them. Why do some people have to go through stuff like that? It really makes me question my faith. I was raised in a catholic family, not sure if I really consider myself catholic anymore. For the most part, I do believe in a God.....sometimes. It's really up for debate!! I guess when it comes down to it, I'd have to say that yes I do believe in a God, cause every time I get scared or worried, I'm all like "please God, please God, please God!"

Thanks for responding!

I kind of see the psychic/schizophrenic thing as actually being almost opposite. People who are severely mentally ill tend to have little insight into themselves their behaviour and to others. Whereas being psychic is having "insight" and empathy in abundance. I think this is something well worth discussing in detail.

I think that whatever your child was seeing, this was absolutely the best way to deal with it. Makes them feel safe and also they will keep telling you what they see.angel.gif

Perhaps you can call on the Angels when you feel a little frightened by these things. Not that you would be harmed in anyway, but it gives you a great sense of protection.angel.gif

Hi and thanks! I'm again a bit irritated because this is my second time to write this reply cause I can't seem to not somehow touch this dumb little mouse pad thingy on my laptop and it erased everything!! ARG!!

ANYWHO!! I agree, I think that was the best way to deal with it. Its funny you mentioned to call on the angels! Calling on the angels isn't whats actually funny (cause that's what i do), it's cause when I do, I stand there and say, out loud but quietly, "you can't hurt me cause my guardian angels are here protecting me!" And I guess its funny to me cause it's what me and my sister use to always do when we were little. That or I'll start singing that song from that Denzel Washington movie "Fallen", God, is on my side....yes he is! It works for me!!biggrin.gif