Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
monop

twin flames

I've recently come across the topic of twin flames. Of what I've read, this is a union higher than soul mates. I did a search on the forum and didn't find anything. Has anyone else heard about it, know about it, or is anyone in a twin flame relationship? This kind of union has been around but not much has been heard of it.

I've recently come across the topic of twin flames. Of what I've read, this is a union higher than soul mates. I did a search on the forum and didn't find anything. Has anyone else heard about it, know about it, or is anyone in a twin flame relationship? This kind of union has been around but not much has been heard of it.

What I've read about it is that it doesn't necessarily involve romantic relationships, and that many times a twin flame might not even be incarnated at the same time you are incarnated. I've read that it essentially is yourself, your other half, literally a twin. Just like physical identical twins share the same DNA and composition, the twin flame just shares the same essence and spiritual "blueprint" (for lack of a better word) at the soul level. Supposedly, twin flames meet in live (either as friends, lovers, family members) to achieve a greater mission, and when they finally reach their highest potential they can ascend together to the highest power.

I don't personally believe in twin flames, but I guess if they are real, I tend to see them more as a fraternal connection, like I mentioned before, like identical twins... but for some reason I don't think about it as a romantic connection (maybe because when I fall in love I can care less if someone is my twin soul, and every time I fall in love it feels special... plus I don't want to be with my twin, lol, I want someone who is different than me and can teach me something... but that's just my thought), but just like a very strong and loving connection, and a reflection of your own identity.

I have a (sort of) twin flame blog. I've done a lot of research on them and even now I don't know how true they are. :unsure: I'm still scratching my head when it comes to the subject.

I'll just copy/paste snippets of my thoughts on them from that old blog of mine. Otherwise, I'd just be repeating myself and it would take me forever to try to remember everything I wanted to say.

Warning: You might want to reach for the aspirin, as it is long. (And believe it or not, this is the short version).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So if I were to describe what I think Twin Flames are, I would say to imagine Yin & Yang. Our twin and ourselves have our own separate identities - formed by life experiences - yet we really are one; like two sides to the same coin. During - rare? - incarnations together, there is usually a large age gap and oftentimes something will invariably keep twins apart. But... I also believe, and for most of us anyway, that our twin is actually in Spirit watching over us from The Other Side. Rarely will they be on this earth plane, with us (or without us) and in the flesh. In these cases, I think of them as a sort of guardian angel/spirit guide/protector.

Now, is any of this really true? That's up to YOU to decide for yourself. Follow YOUR instincts and inner voice, not anyone else's.

I also think people tend to romanticize twins. I have a feeling it's more about spiritual growth than romantic love. (Not that romance is never there. I just think the spiritual aspect of twins is more powerful, hence even incarnating without them).

A lot of people tend to believe that one day, when we've learned all the lessons we've set out to master, that only then will our spirit merge with our twin in the afterlife; our souls will literally become one whole. Personally, I never bought into that theory because it would imply that in the end we don't have our own separate identities. I think that one twin's lessons during an incarnation also affects the other. We learn from each other, and ALWAYS do we have our own individual personalities and sense of self.

The best way I can wrap my mind around the theory of twin flames is that IF we all belong to "soul groups," our twin is simply another soul which is the closest to our own; hence them being our "twin." (Sort of like how most twin siblings here on Earth can feel such a strong connection with each other. They ARE their own person, but they also share a very strong connection). When it comes to these soul groups, I tend to picture a family tree like is used in genealogy. For instance, your twin would just be on the same branch as you and right next to you. Out of all the souls on your branch, your twin is your closest 'neighbor.'

I hope that makes sense. :P

Everyone else on your branch, or nearer your branch, could be your soulmates. (I call them "Kindred Spirits," as I think the term 'soulmate' is often misinterpreted).

From what I've learned and experienced with my Twin Flame is that if you aren't absolutely ready (emotionally, mentally, and/or spiritually unstable) to meet each other, and something happens that brings you two together, because of the very strong polarities between TFs, your life will be uprooted, spun around and around and around until you can't bare to live anymore. You will bring out the best and very worst in each other. You will spark something in their life that they will carry for the rest of their lives, and they you. Your life will never be the same after meeting your Twin. I don't know how to make it clear that TF relationships are very, very, very intense.

Romance didn't work between us, and frankly I don't think that it ever could. As I mentioned, we brought the best and worst out of each other and it did not work. We weren't ready to meet, but we (or I, I don't know about him anymore. We've stopped speaking since) are continuing down the paths we set each other on in the beginning of our relationship.

I know it sounds like a usual "bad/unfitting relationship" but I truly do believe that Twin Flames exist, and that it's damn near impossible to meet yours except for under dire circumstances. Not that I think my Twin and I are special, but something in our lives made it so that we could meet this lifetime. I believe that usually, one is incarnated and the other is in Spirit, watching over you.

Your life will never be the same after meeting your Twin. I don't know how to make it clear that TF relationships are very, very, very intense.

Exactly! Intense is the perfect word.

Not that I think my Twin and I are special, but something in our lives made it so that we could meet this lifetime. I believe that usually, one is incarnated and the other is in Spirit, watching over you.

And that last line you wrote right there is what I believe. And might have experienced myself.

In a nutshell, when I was 6 or 7 years old I saw a spirit kneeling at the end of my bed. He was fixing the bed covers. While I was petrified, I was also confused because his hair and clothes were so strange to me. (When I grew up I learned that his appearance was that of someone from the Renaissance Era. Also, I think his name is "Patrick"). I've dreamed about him a lot and have heard his voice. (With my own own ears and on tape). When I first heard about twin flames, something clicked... especially after reading over and again that there is often - though not always - a big age difference, something will often keep you apart, and that it is very, VERY INTENSE.

And in some of those dreams I've had - especially in one particular dream where a battle was going on around me and I was trying to hide from him - his energy was too intense for comfort even. (And in one other dream he turned around to look at me and his gaze was so intense that it felt disconcerting. It was if he could see into my very soul and knew things about me even I don't know!) Several years ago I felt that same intensity, only not in a dream but in my room. I didn't sleep in my room for at least a week after that. Even when I had to go in there to get something, I pretty much dashed in and out as quick as I could. :lol: It was pathetic.

Okay, I really need to stop talking now because I could go on forever about this. I will always be skeptical (typical Taurus earth sign I guess), but it's difficult for my logical mind to explain away those emotions that crop up about him inside those dreams. We're talking emotion such as 'I'd-gladly-give-up-my-life-for-this-man.'

Which is so not me at all. I'm happily single and never was even 'boy crazy' as a teenager. I've always felt that I'm destined to be alone, and I'm okay with that.

Hey, I know the part about being a skeptical Taurus but having enough "proof" to deny it all too well! Taurus represent!

How were you able to hear his voice on tape?

Hey, I know the part about being a skeptical Taurus but having enough "proof" to deny it all too well! Taurus represent!

How were you able to hear his voice on tape?

EVP. (Electronic Voice Phenomenon. I have a few of them on that old blog).

Since I am so skeptical I was encouraged to leave out a recorder, just to see what it'd pick up (Patrick related or not) so after a few years I gave in. (Yes, years. Like decades :P ). I didn't ask questions or anything. (Felt stupid). I just set it out around 2 am, hit record, and went upstairs to my room to go to sleep. After that, I would try it at random. The loudest evp's I have of his voice - which I'm over 90% positive was him - happened literally seconds after I turned on the recorder or was entering the room to turn it off. And I knew it was him because his voice sounded the same. It felt familiar even.

It's hard to explain.

Still, I don't really trust evp. I haven't done it in years and don't plan to. (But that's a whole other topic I could go on about forever. I don't think all evp's are spirits).

By the way, it's nice to "meet" another Taurus! :)