Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Victoria

10 things to avoid saying!

Words are not little cartoon bubbles that pop out of your mouth only to disappear into the ether of your experiences.

Words are powerful energies.

The more you voice something whether it be a positive or a negative the more power and life you imbue it with.

Here are 10 things I have learned to avoid saying because I believe that they are detrimental to my life:

1. 'I can't believe it!' (When something fantastic happens) Replace with 'I CAN believe this!'

2. 'Life is too short...' :o Just don't say it!

3. 'You gotta take the bad with the good...' (Where's the rule?) 'I accept only the good.'

4. 'I can't afford it.' <_ am choosing to spend my money on something else.>

5. 'I haven't got any money.' Replace with 'I have used my money for other things right now.'

6. 'I'm sick of it.' :unsure: 'I no longer accept this.'

7. 'I never get what I want.' Instead say 'I can have anything good that my heart desires.'

8. 'I can't do anything right.' :rolleyes: 'I do my best in everything I do.'

9. 'I can't do it.' Try 'I can do this.'

10. 'It's too good to be true.' :lol: 'Anything good is possible; nothing is too good to be true.'

Simple little changes to the way you say things can bring huge positive changes into your life.

And just for good measure:

'It's too hard!' Say this instead 'I now choose this to be easy.' or 'There's an easier way of doing this.'

©VF2006

I learned about the power of words 30 years ago. It was challenging at first to change but I persevered and voicing the positive has manifested miracles in my life and the lives of those around me! :)

Try it. I guarantee you will be amazed at the results. ;)

I am interested to know what you would add to the list. :P

Guest WittySpirit

but 'what if' i can't help myself???

'what if' i forget and say them??? :D

psssssssssssssssssssst you forgot 'what if' hehehe

but 'what if' i can't help myself???

'what if' i forget and say them??? :D

psssssssssssssssssssst you forgot 'what if' hehehe

hehehe :lol:

Thanks Witty!

'What if...' you practise so diligently it becomes a habit?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:o I got one, pick me.....

"if only.. I can remember what Victoria said, not to say!?" :P

"if only.. ......I am right there with Whitty, I am a big "if" person...oops, did it again.

So here is a thought to add to your list and remember, "your attitude is an outward expression of your inner thoughts."

Ihave no idea who really said it, I just have it on my office wall. :D

Hmmm....You got me thinking, Victoria, and that's quite an achievement! :D

There's a saying that is very common here where I live:

"Zítra je také den."

To help the one or two non-Czech-speakers ;) , it was also famously used by Scarlett O'Hara:

"Tomorrow is another day."

I will try to avoid this one from now on, because while it may be true in general, I have no way of knowing that it's true for me!

From now on, I'll go for "Seize the day!" (Carpe diem!)

Lenky

Guest WittySpirit
Hmmm....You got me thinking, Victoria, and that's quite an achievement! :D

There's a saying that is very common here where I live:

"Zítra je také den."

To help the one or two non-Czech-speakers ;) , it was also famously used by Scarlett O'Hara:

"Tomorrow is another day."

I will try to avoid this one from now on, because while it may be true in general, I have no way of knowing that it's true for me!

Lenky

ooh now we're quoting????

my favorite these days is........................ today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday..... and then the one i made up myself............. we all have **** only the details are different :D

ooh now we're quoting????

my favorite these days is........................ today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday..... and then the one i made up myself............. we all have **** only the details are different :D

Gee, Witty... :unsure: I'm just trying to broaden our concepchuall horraisins...(As Strop once said,I think.) :P

But honestly, though, people really do say it here...

I made one up myself, too.

I just can't remember how it goes.... :blink:

Here are 10 things I have learned to avoid saying because I believe that they are detrimental to my life:

I had a coworker pretty accurately describe life to me once when I told her I couldn't believe I headed back to school in a few weeks. "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you get, the faster it goes."

9 reminds me of "The Little Train that Could." Now I want to read that to a class.

Lenky

That's by far my favorite quote ever. Though 'round here it tends to make people look at you funny.

UPDATE:

Three years later and I am still diligent about what I say.

I find it much easier to control my words than to keep my thoughts in rein, though. (Up until now, that is! :P )

What would I add to the list? :huh:

"I can't take anymore." Oh, yes, definitely one to get rid of.

I stumbled on this realisation a while ago... the Universe is a literal energy.

Every time I voiced those words I subconsciously created a blockage in my life. :o

Now if I hear myself saying that I quickly replace it with "I CAN take more. I can take all the good things that the Universe pours out upon me under Grace and in god's perfect ways."

Hehehe :)

©VF2007

lotus.jpg

Guest Sparklyy
Words are not little cartoon bubbles that pop out of your mouth only to disappear into the ether of your experiences.

Words are powerful energies.

The more you voice something whether it be a positive or a negative the more power and life you imbue it with.

1. 'I can't believe it!' (When something fantastic happens) Replace with 'I CAN believe this!'

3. 'You gotta take the bad with the good...' (Where's the rule?) 'I accept only the good.'

4. 'I can't afford it.' <_< 'I am choosing to spend my money on something else.'

5. 'I haven't got any money.' Replace with 'I have used my money for other things right now.'

6. 'I'm sick of it.' :unsure: 'I no longer accept this.'

7. 'I never get what I want.' Instead say 'I can have anything good that my heart desires.'

8. 'I can't do anything right.' :rolleyes: 'I do my best in everything I do.'

10. 'It's too good to be true.' :lol: 'Anything good is possible; nothing is too good to be true.'

Simple little changes to the way you say things can bring huge positive changes into your life.

And just for good measure:

'It's too hard!' Say this instead 'I now choose this to be easy.' or 'There's an easier way of doing this.'

©VF2006

I learned about the power of words 30 years ago. It was challenging at first to change but I persevered and voicing the positive has manifested miracles in my life and the lives of those around me! :)

Try it. I guarantee you will be amazed at the results. ;)

haha add "Its not you its me "

to that list.

I used to say that to guys now it goes

"Its you. I would say its me,but I'd be lying."

Guest jodee

The only ones I can think of to add are:

I will be happy when...................

Or

I would be happy if........................

Research actually show that we're not that good at knowing what makes us happy

so

Just be happy

Research actually show that we're not that good at knowing what makes us happy

Hehehe I totally believe it, but what research was that?

Guest jodee

:lol: You know Kai, I knew someone would ask, was almost certain it would be you and nearly removed the last bit - because I cant remember!!!!! I read it somewhere. I remember these brilliant facts but not names etc.

(was same in history lessons at school)

I'll look it up when I get time!

hmmm

"thou shalt not say "auw its ok" anymore"

becuase when you say that, the person so it not ok! (so youll be lying.... and i hate liers!!)

"instead, thou shalt give advice, or shalt put an arm around the being and proclaim "i hope it gets better soon"" :P

I think that is an amazing list. I have no doubt I will be referring to it often.

Guest WittySpirit

1- 'My Bad'... i am so over that saying it's ridiculous.. it's like saying 'yes i stuffed up, but seeing as i admitted it, i don't have to fix it nor apologise'. <_<

2- 'trust me'... well.. we know what comes next... the person is either lying, or doesn't really know what they're talking about and are just winging it... :D

3- 'i hate.........' come on, do people really 'hate' that many things?? dislike, maybe.. annoyed maybe.. but hate?? not only is it an over-exaggerated word, it promotes deep negativity, and doesn't allow room for learning to like something/someone. :blink:

4- 'this/last year was a bad year'... i say 'huh'??? i've never met anyone that can really say that.. some things you could have done without may have happened.. but i bet any money that there was some good stuff... :huh:

5- 'it's so-and-so's fault i'm like this'.. ummm no.. it's you who allowed the person to make you feel that way.. you are in control of your emotions and actions.. it doesn't matter what someone says or does to you, it's how you react that counts. ;)

6- 'if it's going to happen it'll happen to me' (or) 'this always happens to me'.. another 'huh'?? moment.. :o

7- 'i never..........' never?? never ever?? B)

8- ' i can't..........' says who?? if it's an action, change it to 'i won't' :ph34r:

9- 'nobody likes me/them'... i betcha somebody does... :blink:

10- 'i think i'm possessed'... (translation).. i did/said something really really bad, and i don't want to take responsibility :wacko:

woooo

witty i love those 10 :)

getting positive vibes ;)

oh and this one

"oh no its ok" *they say whilst struggling with something* uhm. your obviousely struggling, so im here to help....

thou shouldst say "thankyou for the offer, but i think i will manage"

its politer :)

This is all so true.

I know when I get tired I tend to get more negative, I have to catch up on my sleep. Almost done with what I have had to work so much on, then it will be normal hours again.

haha add "Its not you its me "

to that list.

I used to say that to guys now it goes

"Its you. I would say its me,but I'd be lying."

hehehe :lol:

A big one for me is when one person is talking to another person about a problem they are having or an issue in their life, and the other person replies with "I'm sorry".

"I'm sorry".... When I hear that, I think, "You are not a sorry person, so why would you say that about yourself?"

I admit I still slip up with it sometimes though. It's such a common phrase it can become habit.

What could "I'm sorry" be replaced with? Hrm... for me, I say "I understand" a lot, or "I apologize".

yeh i dont get that either!

okok i know a twilight example

in the movie (not in the book!!!!!!!! grr)

well charlie just found out some dude died. bella comes along and says "i'm sorry"

what is she doing? confessing?

i mean.... why would you say "i'm sorry"??????

haha yeh you and me alta, we gotta start the trend!!!!! lol. :D

*shows thumbs up* :D

oooo

this one is for the teens (maybe adults aswell, i dunno lol)!!

"omg what you doing?" says your friend, in a harsh voice, as you eat a sandwich that your friend doesnt like.

what the? i HATE that saying. my brother always says it!!!!!!!!! i move some books closer to him, "OHMYG WHAT YOU DOING?"

ugh.

INSTEAD

"*blank*"

the lesson?

if it isnt nice, dont say it :)

unless they ask.... wouldnt want to lie lol

Oh here are mine which are like 'catch phrases' for me but ultimately habits that need to be dropped.

"What's the word I'm looking for?" I usually mean this literally and I really think I set myself up for being inarticulate. but I get stumped. I could pause and wait till it comes but I'm Dominican, I speak like a mile a minute when i try to get my point across. :blink: I still don't know the proper replacement. My brother has decided to replace whatever that "word" is with vulgar terms just to stop me from saying it but it only stumps me more and I'm sure it makes it worse! :o I could use the help on that one. :mellow: Please

And my other one, which again is like a filler phrase, "Coolness" I say it A lot. Which i have to admit explains why I can barely stand a breeze unless it's like 85 degrees Fahrenheit,and only then I would definitely welcome it.

But I say "awesome" alot and "interesting" too and I have to admit, I never cease to be amazed :lol:

haha im gonna add this one for my dad

"awesome"

lol.

when i finish on the phone i say "yeh awesome ok bye!"

lol.

and what does my dad say?

"awesome?! its good... or great.... but awesome?!"

lol.

;)