Universal Psychic Guild Forum
monop

working with crystals

It depends on what you want to do with the crystals. To use them for healing or balancing the chakras just place them on the body.

To cleanse them,you can run them under some water or charge them in the sun/moonlight.

Hello brioche,

Here are a few things as to what you can do with your stones. I have found this method helpful with my crystal work (yeah its my own method too I invented it so hope it sits right)

Firstly ground and protect yourself as you are indeed working with energy. If you don’t know how to do this I’m sure someone will help you with it or I can post a guided visualisation for you to touchdown with your roots so that you are securely grounded and protected so that no harm may come to you while you’re working with stones. Now firstly I might like to ask you what kind of stones do you have?

If you don’t know don’t worry, allow the stone time for in its own way it will show you or tell you through the crystal consciousness what type of stone it is or you can ask it what kind of stone it is and what properties it may entail also the reason as to why its come to you today, wherein which the time must be right for it to arrive in your life as stones they choose us not the other way round…a bit like tools do….

I like to see this as greeting a new friend as in a way it is a new friendship that you are getting to know the stones that you have with you. So I ask you first to introduce yourself to the stone. Please understand that you can ask this stone to stop at any given time and respect that your wishes will be respected – in other words – it shall stop when you ask…

So what I would ask you to do first is to hold your stone in what palm that feels comfortable or right to hold it in. Then concentrate with the stone in your hand not too hard so as not to force it… but while you’re thinking about this stone or focusing…. Introduce yourself…………. As a friend…………… and I keep my introductions simple so I would say………… ‘welcome to my crystal and gemstone family, I am Ceriana (or your real name) And I look forward to working with you today. Please could you show me why you’ve come into my life and what you’re here to work with me for. And could you also give me a sign to say that you’ve heard my request, thank you’ Signs would come in imagery, sounds, sense or knowing, feeling cold or hot, tingles…. That is the stone communicating with you………. You might also see it send out colour beams of its own crystal, this is a healing ray of colour, also known as colour healing from crystals. Same way as you worked with this before you can also ask it to show you which method of cleansing you would prefer……………….. and it will show you ; but if you can’t manage to find a sea anywhere near you then use your instincts to tell you the equivalent e.g. salt water………….. which you could probably make up yourself… tap water…with sea salt in it, etc….. would do the job as well………….remember to ask the crystal first and don’t use it for the selenite or gypsum family as it would wash away the gemstone.

As said above if you want to do something with them, would recommend that you ask the crystal or stone in the same way as this exercise teaches you how to... then ask for a sign to say that its heard your request.... and if you just trust the stone to respond then trust your first thoughts in relation to the stone's awareness.... and kick aside second thoughts/doubts.

Other cleansing methods include: Moonlight, starlight, earthy energies, white light, colour light, carnelians which are self-cleansers, angelic healing energy from angels, other cleansing crystals, sea salt water baths, water, sea, reiki if attuned, etc

Hope this is helpful!

Blessings

Ceriana

Other cleansing methods include: Moonlight, starlight, earthy energies, white light, colour light, carnelians which are self-cleansers, angelic healing energy from angels, other cleansing crystals, sea salt water baths, water, sea, reiki if attuned, etc

Hope this is helpful!

Blessings

Ceriana

I learned some new things, like the self-cleaning properties of the Carnelian. :)

I like to put my crystals in filtered water out in the rain under full-moon in a ceramic bowl. They GLEAM afterwards.

They sure do... love asking them to smile in their own natural crystal way too......they gleam that way too :) like an inner glow.

I wonder, if you get your crystals directly from the source do they need to be cleansed?

We have natural rose quartz and whatever the orange one is that washes up on shore here and I collect the chunks. But don't really do anything with them. :P

I wonder, if you get your crystals directly from the source do they need to be cleansed?

We have natural rose quartz and whatever the orange one is that washes up on shore here and I collect the chunks. But don't really do anything with them. :P

Yes, I see what you mean -- it is like an inner glow. :)

You are so lucky!

Do you feel they need to be cleansed? They might not be having been tumbled about in the water...

I don't think they need to be since they haven't been handled by a bunch of hands or touched by tools like grinders and such. I actually really like the rough sanded look they have. I don't use the crystals for specific purposes, but like the energy they give off. It sort of reminds me of Himalayan salt rocks.

If you feel they don't need to be then they don't need to be. :) Do what sits right with you and your stones friends. Personally if I get mine from shop then I do regularly cleanse them moonlight energies but if I find a geode naturally washed up on beach which have done in the past then I don't cleanse it as natural energies are always best if they have a good vibe about them its a good vibe.

If you feel they don't need to be then they don't need to be. :) Do what sits right with you and your stones friends.

Yep. I give my newly acquired stones a good wash with the intent of cleansing them. I always make it a point to welcome every new stone to my home by literally saying welcome and laying the stone on my coffee table altar to get the feel of the place. Works for me! :)

:) awesome.