Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Can anyone give me any information on understanding what a Monad is? I have a general understanding with what little information there was to find on the web, but I would really like to know on a personal level what it all entails. Ive been recently told that I am one who has ascended many times and is part of a Monad, or part Monad.

I'd be interested to know what you found out in your research, partofme?

Ive done a few google searches for Monad.

My interpretation of it isnt quite clear. I thought that this was sort of an achievement title one gets when reaching a certain level of ascension. Then I read its a part of all of us. And then things start to get fuzzy.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Most likely, you are referring to one of these concepts but the term Monad is also used throughout Science and Mathematics:

Monad (philosophy) a term meaning "unit" used by philosophers to signify a variety of entities from a genus to God.

Monism, the concept of "one essence" in the metaphysical and theological theory

Monad (Gnosticism), the most primal aspect of God in Gnosticism

Monadology, a book of philosophy by Gottfried Leibniz in which monads are a basic unit of perceptual reality

In Theosophy: The Monad is the combination of the last two principles in man, the 6th and the 7th. Properly speaking, the term "individual monad" applies to the dual soul (Atmi-Buddhi), not to its highest spiritual vivifying principle.

Another derivation of the above used by some modern day energetic or spiritual practitioners is to use the Monadic Aspect to refer to the last vestige of consciousness before you merge back into source.

I think there are some other cultish practices that refer to the monad as almost its own deity or a type of being from another galaxy or dimension but that seems to be a new age perversion of some of the above concepts.

I think that you will find that the use of the term Monad in a spiritual sense had its linage first in Greek philosophy then to Gnostic Christianity then further defined in Theosophy.

You'll find that many, many new age concepts further spun from Theosophy adding layers of complexity, stories and legends to the mix to fit whatever philosophy the new age magician which to evangelize.

I've read a lot of Theosophy and you can find volumes on Monad which are the likely sources of whatever interpretation that you have been introduced to but the modern day ones may have a more mystical and illuminated spin! :lol:

I think that one version of the term Monad could relate with higher self depending on the belief system in which the term Monad was used.

The origin, of course, refers to the most basic particle of existence.

It was the term that was used before Atom and, in its early use, was synonymous with Atom after the atomic concept was created. Of course, now we believe in subatomic particles and now believe that the most basic building block of the universe is, for lack of a better term, energy from which matter springs.

So, in the spiritual construct, Monad could be the most basic building block of God or source.

From that concept has sprung the concept of Monad being the last state of consciousness before returning to source.

And from that concept has sprung the concept of an ascension paradigm that says that we evolve over many life times to a level that we call the Monad which is a step or two from God.

Its a term that you must first understand the context under which it is used before you can derive meaning.

I am thinking aloud.

if the energy which caused the big bang and the universe and all atoms and particles and the perceived state of travelling through time, and the source is that energy, then before the universe was the source (or God).

If all time is simultaneous then we all are part of time before the big bang, now as in our materialized form, (after the big bang), through to the end of existence in the material plain then we have all already lived all of our lives at source.

if we can connect with ourselves at source, we can connect with our highest form, the part of us which is with god

...and to bring us full circle to the Monad conversation, Monad is the state of being where we are connected just as we realize that we were never really disconnected and now we let go of our consciousness and no longer fight being one with what is and always was.

Whether the part of us at source is called the higher self, the Monad (in some contexts), the Soul, or whatever word we humans decide to give it, we can connect with that part of us and therefore with the source, or God.

but I wonder, what happens when we all evolve to our highest self on earth, does the material world cease to be, if we are evolving with god, does the universe disappear, once our work is done?

I wonder, why do we "fight being one"?

Maybe universes are like drops of water in the ocean.

Maybe its like the river fighting the land to create a beautiful valley.

Whether the part of us at source is called the higher self, the Monad (in some contexts), the Soul, or whatever word we humans decide to give it, we can connect with that part of us and therefore with the source, or God.

but I wonder, what happens when we all evolve to our highest self on earth, does the material world cease to be, if we are evolving with god, does the universe disappear, once our work is done?

I feel we ascend to the highest level and work with the source itself.

My search for these answers begun when I was told randomly that I have ascended many times and am "part" Monad.(as they defined) I totally identify with the writings of CW Leadbeater, which were the first things I found on the subject. Thanks for your post.

My search for these answers begun when I was told randomly that I have ascended many times and am "part" Monad.(as they defined) I totally identify with the writings of CW Leadbeater, which were the first things I found on the subject. Thanks for your post.

Oh, Yes! Leadbeater is who wrote the most on Monad in Theosophy.

The Theosophers were certainly an interesting bunch!

I would also say that you have a very "refined" spirit so the comment about you being Monad may be true!

Here is an interesting comparison of various religious and spiritual concepts and monad is included.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/et/et-20.htm

And, note the entire book available there.

Thanks, partofme, for the topic of Monad. It lead me back to Theosophy and this very interesting book!

I would also say that you have a very "refined" spirit so the comment about you being Monad may be true!

Here is an interesting comparison of various religious and spiritual concepts and monad is included.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/et/et-20.htm

And, note the entire book available there.

Thanks, partofme, for the topic of Monad. It lead me back to Theosophy and this very interesting book!

Thanks in return! You dont know how many times Ive reached out on forums to get some feedback on this subject. Completely fascinated by it. Like an epiphany of sorts. I just did bookmark that site from your thread in religion. ;)