Universal Psychic Guild Forum
the captain

One Question Readings

Hi, I am designing my own deck of cards so I would appreciate some practice with it to see how it works or if I need to change anything. I wouldn't call them tarot cards, more advice or wisdom cards, because there is no symbolism or story involved, and no interpretation on the part of the reader is necessary (so anyone can use them). Hopefully the cards are self explanatory. I have tried to keep the messages simple and clear. If the one answer you receive is not clear or you need more info, then I can pull another one. Remember I am just testing the cards to see if they work OK.

Recommended types of questions -

"Can you give me insight into ..."

" What do I need to understand about ..."

"What is the meaning of ..."

"What is the lesson or purpose of ..."

"What are the circumstances underlying ..."

"How can I improve my chances of ..."

"What do I need to know about… ?"

"What do I need to do to achieve/improve my chances of…?"

"What is standing in the way of...and how can I best overcome this?"

"How can I improve my ability to…?"

"What do I need to change in order to…?"

So ask away!

I'd be glad to serve as a subject :)

How about, what do I need to change in order to put to rest this overwhelming sense like I'm not accomplishing what I need to?

Thank you :)

Moopurple, your card is the Card of Appreciation, Admiration, Goodwill, and Gratitude.

This situation calls for you to appreciate what you have and also to admire what other people have. Instead of comparing yourself to others or their achievements, look instead at the gifts you have been given. You may not be recognizing your own capabilities or even deprecating what you do for others. This is not a time for false modesty. You have been told by other people what you are good at, yet you fail to appreciate its magnitude or influence. There are no big or little ways to live your life and serve others - it’s all good and it all matters. Just because what you do may receive no fame, reward or glory doesn’t mean it is not just as worthy as what others do. Simply being grateful and spreading goodwill and happiness by example may be the greatest gifts you can ever give to others. Listen to your true authentic voice and not the ego. Your essential self is intimately connected with your creative self. Look at how and what you create in the world. When you truly ‘see’ and appreciate yourself, and envy no one, you will find fulfillment.

Moopurple, your card is the Card of Appreciation, Admiration, Goodwill, and Gratitude.

This situation calls for you to appreciate what you have and also to admire what other people have. Instead of comparing yourself to others or their achievements, look instead at the gifts you have been given. You may not be recognizing your own capabilities or even deprecating what you do for others. This is not a time for false modesty. You have been told by other people what you are good at, yet you fail to appreciate its magnitude or influence. There are no big or little ways to live your life and serve others - it’s all good and it all matters. Just because what you do may receive no fame, reward or glory doesn’t mean it is not just as worthy as what others do. Simply being grateful and spreading goodwill and happiness by example may be the greatest gifts you can ever give to others. Listen to your true authentic voice and not the ego. Your essential self is intimately connected with your creative self. Look at how and what you create in the world. When you truly ‘see’ and appreciate yourself, and envy no one, you will find fulfillment.

This resonates. I am not experiencing envy, but I guess a lot of people I'm around tend to flaunt their achievements and I am struggling with my day to day tasks. But I guess it just does come down to ego, since it is just a comparison to what others are doing.

Thank you :)

Hi,

My question is, what do I need to know about my situation right now, in regards to work?

Thank you.

Harleynight, for you I drew The Card of Deception and Secrecy.

There is an element of dishonesty, deception, or secrecy in this situation. Either someone is being secretive or deceiving you, or you are withholding the complete truth from the people around you, or else you yourself are practising self-deception. It may be of the milder sort of dishonesty or it may be more serious. It is never harmless or without consequences. We are all liars to some degree, mainly minor fibs or white lies designed to avoid hurting another person’s feelings or to bolster our own insecurity. Deception is a sign of immaturity and weakness, of being unable to tell or face the truth. The truth doesn’t have to be blunt or unkind, but it needs to be told. If you or someone around you is being less than honest, you/they may feel it is for the greater good but really it may be that only an avoidance of conflict is desired. It never turns out well in the end. Some things people just need to know. You must use the internal lie detector called “gut instinct’ that we all have to discern who is evading the truth and what is the nature of the deception. Rigorous and courageous self-examination may be necessary because deep down we all know when we are being deceived - we just want to go along with the lies for various reasons, usually from fear of facing the truth. But there are always clues that we may choose to ignore - contradictory statements, non-verbal or out-of-character behaviour, the feeling of discomfort when faced with a lie or secretive behaviour. But all secrets eventually come out because the Universe arranges circumstances that unlock the deception. So it is best to gather your courage and embrace the truth - however painful - now.

Si12, your card is The Card of Trustworthiness, Dependability, and Responsibility.

In this situation, what counts is the level of maturity, diligence, and responsibility. If you can express these strengths or find them in others, your circumstances will flourish. These are the qualities that the situation demands. You must speak honestly, listen intently, show respect, have a mature and confident (but not cocky) manner, and behave in a serious and disciplined way (or else seek out a person who fits this very description). You have to be worthy of trust so a gesture of good faith may be necessary on your part. But more than expressing these qualities, you must believe deep down that you have them inside you, especially if you want to attract other people with similar qualities. You must believe in yourself. Can you confidently and honestly say you are a trustworthy, sensible, and reliable person? In what ways have you manifested these qualities? Can you develop more responsibility or diligence? In what ways might you be failing to show these qualities - where can you do better? For a successful situation to occur, you must already be exhibiting and practising these qualities in your life. That way, they will be fully and honestly evident in your character for all to see. And they will draw strong interest from others.

Philosophersgate, your card is The Card of Prosperity, Abundance, and Triumph.

The situation requires a belief in prosperity and abundance, and a triumph over negative thinking about wealth. You don’t have to be wealthy to attract wealth but you do have to feel prosperous. Energy attracts like energy. The Universe wants us to be abundant and rich. It doesn’t want us to suffer. Prosperity is our divine state of being, and when we are our divine selves, we feel prosperous. Yet prosperity is about more than just money and possessions. It is about a richness of spirit, an abundance of joy, a lucky heart. When you feel prosperous inside, you can lose all material possessions and still feel happy. Wealth or the lack of it does not define you as a person or make you worthy. But if you don’t feel rich inside, no amount of money and ‘stuff’ will make you feel better or more secure. It cannot make you feel safe if fear lives inside you. Examine your belief system for feelings of lack or fears of losing everything. As you become more willing to lose everything, you will appreciate what you have. This combination of accumulation and appreciation will create a profound feeling of abundance. This sense of abundance then creates a prosperity consciousness that creates more prosperity. Think about how much you can help others who are struggling with a poverty consciousness by expressing abundance and prosperity yourself, and by spreading the wealth around. Yet a prosperous life doesn’t mean having a lot of money only. If you want to be truly prosperous, you have to transform your mind-set in a major way. You have to think about abundance rather than thinking about lack of it. You have to shift a lot of levels higher in all spheres of your life. Don’t be afraid to be lucky, and to have an abundance of love, happiness, wealth, good friends, good times in your life. Believe you deserve it. And yet don't cling to it either, for everything can be taken away in a heartbeat. Simply live in the moment, grateful for all that you have.

Philosophersgate, your card is The Card of Prosperity, Abundance, and Triumph.

The situation requires a belief in prosperity and abundance, and a triumph over negative thinking about wealth. You don’t have to be wealthy to attract wealth but you do have to feel prosperous. Energy attracts like energy. The Universe wants us to be abundant and rich. It doesn’t want us to suffer. Prosperity is our divine state of being, and when we are our divine selves, we feel prosperous. Yet prosperity is about more than just money and possessions. It is about a richness of spirit, an abundance of joy, a lucky heart. When you feel prosperous inside, you can lose all material possessions and still feel happy. Wealth or the lack of it does not define you as a person or make you worthy. But if you don’t feel rich inside, no amount of money and ‘stuff’ will make you feel better or more secure. It cannot make you feel safe if fear lives inside you. Examine your belief system for feelings of lack or fears of losing everything. As you become more willing to lose everything, you will appreciate what you have. This combination of accumulation and appreciation will create a profound feeling of abundance. This sense of abundance then creates a prosperity consciousness that creates more prosperity. Think about how much you can help others who are struggling with a poverty consciousness by expressing abundance and prosperity yourself, and by spreading the wealth around. Yet a prosperous life doesn’t mean having a lot of money only. If you want to be truly prosperous, you have to transform your mind-set in a major way. You have to think about abundance rather than thinking about lack of it. You have to shift a lot of levels higher in all spheres of your life. Don’t be afraid to be lucky, and to have an abundance of love, happiness, wealth, good friends, good times in your life. Believe you deserve it. And yet don't cling to it either, for everything can be taken away in a heartbeat. Simply live in the moment, grateful for all that you have.

Thank you, Captain!

This was a very well timed card as I was making a checklist mentally of all that I was thankful for while on a long drive earlier today.

In fact, lately, I've felt that I was attracting rather wonderful situations after an era of not.

I've had wonderful luck over my life in many ways and in some ways not but I am feeling much more holistically lucky recently. I'll be even more conscious of my thoughts and integrate it in my interactions with others.

Perhaps, as I integrate this into my being, then, I will be better able to inspire it in others. That would be a nice life purpose, don't you think?

Brioche, your card is The Card of Love and Life.

This situation demands that you simplify your outlook to one of love and ‘live and let live’. Relax and let go into the hand of God/the Universe. Do not fear or doubt or worry. Do what you enjoy doing, follow your passion and your intuition. Love your life and be grateful for what you have. Change is coming so do not fear it. Be optimistic, kind, and live only in the present - let the past and the future take care of themselves. Do not take yourself too seriously - laugh about your situation. Negativity will not improve your situation one bit. If you are the recipient of negativity, return loving thoughts instead. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Simply ‘be’ and let the Universe take care of you. Success is the ultimate outcome of your situation.

Elbereth, your card is The Card of Limitation, Stagnation, and Blockage.

There is a situation of excessive stagnation or self-restriction here. Due to fear, the ‘dam’ has become blocked up and no energy influx or movement is possible. Fear has created indecisiveness that has led to stagnation. All negative belief in limitation must be replaced by positivity and the belief in endless possibilities. The resolution to stagnation is movement, action - do something, anything. Take a chance, step outside your comfort zone, approach the situation from a different angle, do something you wouldn’t normally do - but do not allow fear to keep you in the same spot. Failure results not from making mistakes, but by doing nothing.

Hi, Captain

This is a very cool thing you are doing, designing your own cards. Wow

Anyway, I did not know what I wanted to ask until I saw PG's question :)

Am I going along the right path (to fulfill my purpose, that is)?

Chamuel, your card is The Card of Assertiveness, Equality, and Proactiveness.

This is a situation that requires assertiveness and a proactive approach. Do not rely on what others, even professionals or family and friends, are advising you to do. You must trust your own intuition, your gut instincts here. Don’t back down if you are not satisfied with the response of others. Don’t let anybody force you to do what you don’t want to do, and don’t automatically accept what you are told without question. Ask for more time if you need to make a decision. Don’t be rushed or pushed or told you are wrong/stupid/ill informed. Go over heads if necessary. Maintain a sense of equality and don’t feel any lack of confidence in your own capabilities. Assert yourself - do research or talk to other people with the same issue if it gives you more confidence and certainty. Stick to your guns. Get control. Fight back if necessary. Being proactive actually strengthens both your mind and body. You have as much right to question and to demand fair treatment as anyone. Don’t put your fate in the hands of others - take charge of your own life. Reject negative beliefs that don’t contribute to your welfare or state of mind. Make necessary beneficial changes to your life and avoid toxic situations if possible, unless you need to assert yourself to regain control. Cut back on stress and fill your mind with loving peaceful thoughts. Do what YOU know is right for you and do what you want to do!

Taichi, your card is The Card of Admiration, Goodwill, Appreciation and Gratitude.

This situation calls for you to appreciate what you have and also to admire what other people have. Instead of comparing yourself to others or their achievements, look instead at the gifts you have been given. You may not be recognizing your own capabilities or even deprecating what you do for others. This is not a time for false modesty. You have been told by other people what you are good at, yet you fail to appreciate its magnitude or influence. There are no big or little ways to live your life and serve others - it’s all good and it all matters. Just because what you do may receive no fame, reward or glory doesn’t mean it is not just as worthy as what others do. Simply being grateful and spreading goodwill and happiness by example may be the greatest gifts you can ever give to others. Listen to your true authentic voice and not the ego. Your essential self is intimately connected with your creative self. Look at how and what you create in the world. When you truly ‘see’ and appreciate yourself, and envy no one, you will find fulfilment.

Brioche, your card is The Card of Love and Life.

This situation demands that you simplify your outlook to one of love and ‘live and let live’. Relax and let go into the hand of God/the Universe. Do not fear or doubt or worry. Do what you enjoy doing, follow your passion and your intuition. Love your life and be grateful for what you have. Change is coming so do not fear it. Be optimistic, kind, and live only in the present - let the past and the future take care of themselves. Do not take yourself too seriously - laugh about your situation. Negativity will not improve your situation one bit. If you are the recipient of negativity, return loving thoughts instead. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Simply ‘be’ and let the Universe take care of you. Success is the ultimate outcome of your situation.

Thank you, Captain. These were the exact words I needed to hear.

Taichi, your card is The Card of Admiration, Goodwill, Appreciation and Gratitude.

This situation calls for you to appreciate what you have and also to admire what other people have. Instead of comparing yourself to others or their achievements, look instead at the gifts you have been given. You may not be recognizing your own capabilities or even deprecating what you do for others. This is not a time for false modesty. You have been told by other people what you are good at, yet you fail to appreciate its magnitude or influence. There are no big or little ways to live your life and serve others - it’s all good and it all matters. Just because what you do may receive no fame, reward or glory doesn’t mean it is not just as worthy as what others do. Simply being grateful and spreading goodwill and happiness by example may be the greatest gifts you can ever give to others. Listen to your true authentic voice and not the ego. Your essential self is intimately connected with your creative self. Look at how and what you create in the world. When you truly ‘see’ and appreciate yourself, and envy no one, you will find fulfilment.

Thank you Captain, once again.

I don't really know what to say here, but I guess we'll see if I can actually do that :lol:

Hi Captain, if you're still offering the reading I would love one! Because I always wonder about my love life (who doesn't :P) I would like to ask the question: what do I need to know about my relationship with JH to overcome these obstacles?

I'd like to add, awesome idea creating your own card deck! And very admirable that you are taking steps to make it happen. What gave you the inspiration?

Eye Crystals, your card is The Card of Distraction, Lack of Committment, and Lack of Focus.

The situation is suffering from distraction or a lack of focus/interest/commitment. Not enough time or energy or discipline is being given to the issue, leading to a drop off in the dedication needed to bring about success. There are many distractions in our lives but, if we really want something, we will pull out all the stops to get it. There is a far better chances of success when all one's energy is directed at just one goal at a time, instead of scattering and diffusing it with too many simultaneous objectives. If your attention has been directed elsewhere, you must examine your goal to see if it perhaps needs updating, changing, or even switching for something else that has become more important in your life. Ask yourself if your former goal is really as high on your agenda anymore or if it is still worth pursuing with the same vigour as that with which you started out. Was it ever really YOUR goal at all or one that was pressed on you by social, traditional, professional, or family pressures, something you felt obliged to pursue so as not to be thought inept or abnormal? Is this really what YOU want for yourself? There is nothing wrong with being a free agent as long as honesty prevails and everyone is OK with the idea. No one should feel obliged to follow a certain path just because everyone else is doing it. Sometimes lack of focus is a symptom of an underlying problem such as anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue, loneliness, etc. Practising meditation and relaxation will help to focus your mind, lower your stress levels, and make the situation that much clearer and easier to understand. Perhaps it is a lack of commitment that is stopping you (or the people around you) from achieving a goal - devoting oneself fully for a long time to one person, project, job, idea, or circumstance takes determination and deep desire. Alternatively, it might not be you but the people around you who have lost their focus or commitment and so you should try to discover why this has happened - did any possible negative energy you are giving off push them away or was it the other party who was at fault? Projects, people, careers, and relationships all need care, time, and attention to flourish. Otherwise they wither away like a neglected flower.

I created this deck because I had gone off the tarot cards I used to use. I didn't feel any need for a story or symbols in the cards anymore. I wanted to make a set of advice cards that everyone - not just psychics - could glean the message from simply and clearly.

Village Witch, your card is The Card of Negativity and Darkness

Here the situation concerns the nature of negativity. Negative people are negative because they lack love, positivity, and a correct interpretation of reality. A lot of times, their negative behaviour is a barrier they erect to protect themselves from the harshness of life. Either negativity has touched you, is around you in the world, or you are facing your own inner darkness. We all must process our inner darkness at some point on the evolutionary journey - and almost certainly many times in this or former lives. It's an ongoing process. The key is to go fearlessly into the heart of it, not to deny it but to let it wash over you...for you cannot understand the light without exploring the darkness. To know and understand something is to know what it is not. Both paths - light and dark - lead to learning and growth. When negativity comes to you, the way through is not to judge or resist or reject it - otherwise you are feeding your fear, non-acceptance and criticalness, and possibly increasing your pain and suffering. If negativity is getting to you, you are getting lost in it and are therefore being defined by it. Dwelling on the negative simply adds to its power. Instead, observe it, let it pass through you to discover why it is happening, why it is having such an effect, and what is the outcome that you are either needing or resisting. It then will have served its purpose and no longer needs to be there. It is released and vanishes, leaving only a divine lesson behind. In the case of excessive emotional release, for example anger, hatred, or fear, the lesson could be about bringing the centre of your attention into the heart and holding the negative energy within your energy field, as unpleasant as it may be. Holding that energy without immediate release can help dissolve the attachment to it. In which case, a good part of the denseness may then simply ebb away. When a negative emotion arises, try saying, 'Hello, Anger/Fear/Hate (or whatever), what do you want to show me?' And then listen, and let it take you wherever it wants. If negativity is touching you through other people, if you cannot just avoid or ignore them, then you have to deal with them. Don't engage in any negative behaviour in reaction to them, but confront them calmly to establish boundaries of respect and personal ethics, and the consequences of crossing those boundaries. Showing others you do not accept their negativity and standing up to them is important for your own self-respect and growth.