Universal Psychic Guild Forum
the captain

One Question Readings

I'd love to play - thank you Captain :)

What is the lessons (purpose) that I need to learn with the huge amount of struggles I have had at this new job?

"What is the lessons (purpose) that I need to learn with the huge amount of struggles I have had at this new job?"

Your advice card is -

The Card of Imagination, Creativity, Individuality and Fun

Your situation calls for more creativity and less seriousness, for you to lighten up. Life is fleeting - all situations, good and bad, are only temporary. So why worry or obsess over them? You must reconnect with your inner child and rediscover the original sense of awe, innocence and wonder you felt for the world when young. Have a good laugh at yourself for being so serious. Let yourself relax more. Discover your own unique way to make this situation work for you. Don’t over-analyse or philosophize or stress over life or your situation. Just let go and enjoy yourself, rather than slogging away because you feel you have to. FEEL it. Experience it. Loosen up and go in whatever direction the flow of your situation takes you. Don’t structure it or try to compel it. Free yourself from what you feel you 'should' do or feel. Get creative and try to do something different with the situation or approach it from a new angle or direction. Draw, write, sing, dance it (or however else you express your creativity). Play with it, even be silly sometimes. If you aren’t experiencing joy and happiness in your situation, then something has gone seriously wrong. There must be no rush or expectation here - yes, it is important at the right time to have discipline and focus, but you must also enjoy yourself. So go out there and just have fun, whether at work or play. The more time you can spare for purely enjoyable pursuits, the more relaxed and grounded you will likely feel. Grounding is important for us all in order for us to remain connected to the earth, to stay practical and realistic, to make concrete plans and achieve them, to be able to stay present in our lives and not drift away into another world. Just because we are here doesn’t mean we want to be here. There is a lot of pain in this life we live, and being ungrounded is a way of not being present, of not having to deal with the world. But we DO have to learn to deal with life - that is why we came here to earth. Regular periods spent engaging in light-hearted activities can be the perfect antidote to the worldly stressors you must face each day. During play and playful pursuits, you can lose yourself in what is immediately before you, giving you an opportunity to let go of any tension you are retaining in our body or mind. Your ability to fix your focus in ‘the now’ is heightened by your immersion in the present moment, and you can enjoy yourself even when there are challenging events unfolding in your life. Distressing thoughts can be released from your mind and replaced by pleasant musings. Long after the period of play is finished, you can recapture the positive feelings that you established within yourself. Your festive mood will give you an agreeable outlet through which to divest yourself of tension. Don’t stop daydreaming, as this is the secret to your creativity; of course, if you persistently notice that your mind wanders away from what you are supposed to be focusing on right now, simply say to yourself: "Be here now."

"What is the lessons (purpose) that I need to learn with the huge amount of struggles I have had at this new job?"

Your advice card is -

The Card of Imagination, Creativity, Individuality and Fun

Your situation calls for more creativity and less seriousness, for you to lighten up. Life is fleeting - all situations, good and bad, are only temporary. So why worry or obsess over them? You must reconnect with your inner child and rediscover the original sense of awe, innocence and wonder you felt for the world when young. Have a good laugh at yourself for being so serious. Let yourself relax more. Discover your own unique way to make this situation work for you. Don't over-analyse or philosophize or stress over life or your situation. Just let go and enjoy yourself, rather than slogging away because you feel you have to. FEEL it. Experience it. Loosen up and go in whatever direction the flow of your situation takes you. Don't structure it or try to compel it. Free yourself from what you feel you 'should' do or feel. Get creative and try to do something different with the situation or approach it from a new angle or direction. Draw, write, sing, dance it (or however else you express your creativity). Play with it, even be silly sometimes. If you aren't experiencing joy and happiness in your situation, then something has gone seriously wrong. There must be no rush or expectation here - yes, it is important at the right time to have discipline and focus, but you must also enjoy yourself. So go out there and just have fun, whether at work or play. The more time you can spare for purely enjoyable pursuits, the more relaxed and grounded you will likely feel. Grounding is important for us all in order for us to remain connected to the earth, to stay practical and realistic, to make concrete plans and achieve them, to be able to stay present in our lives and not drift away into another world. Just because we are here doesn't mean we want to be here. There is a lot of pain in this life we live, and being ungrounded is a way of not being present, of not having to deal with the world. But we DO have to learn to deal with life - that is why we came here to earth. Regular periods spent engaging in light-hearted activities can be the perfect antidote to the worldly stressors you must face each day. During play and playful pursuits, you can lose yourself in what is immediately before you, giving you an opportunity to let go of any tension you are retaining in our body or mind. Your ability to fix your focus in 'the now' is heightened by your immersion in the present moment, and you can enjoy yourself even when there are challenging events unfolding in your life. Distressing thoughts can be released from your mind and replaced by pleasant musings. Long after the period of play is finished, you can recapture the positive feelings that you established within yourself. Your festive mood will give you an agreeable outlet through which to divest yourself of tension. Don't stop daydreaming, as this is the secret to your creativity; of course, if you persistently notice that your mind wanders away from what you are supposed to be focusing on right now, simply say to yourself: "Be here now."

I can relate to being a bit less serious at home and being more spontaneous etc. I actually just did that last night and played, danced and laughed with my kiddies after work. We are trying to do more with them and get back out into nature as I really feel grounded and relaxed when we go out bush camping! Thank you for the reminder, I really needed that!

It is at work though that I keep on wondering if there is something specific I need to learn as the situation does not seem to change regardless of my efforts. Perhaps it's just my boss and nothing I will or can do will change her way with me (she is VERY different to me compared to the other new staff - so much so that I have wondered a few times if I should not be calling it quits.. ). I know situations are fleeting and temporary and trying to focus on that to pull me through the tough days, but instead of giving in/up, I keep on telling myself that I must have something to learn here, therefore the recurring pattern at work, and that I should try harder.. Perhaps I have nothing to learn here and she is just being horrid to me rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Posibilities, this card is asking you to apply the advice to your WHOLE life, work included. You need to be less serious about the work situation and rise above it by seeing its 'absurdity' and irrelevance in the grander scheme of things. You need to gain perspective on it and understand that it doesn't have to impact on you the way it has been doing. In other words, you have to see its lack of importance amongst the things that really matter in your life. Once you release something's hold on you, it no longer has any power over you to affect your life.

Posibilities, this card is asking you to apply the advice to your WHOLE life, work included. You need to be less serious about the work situation and rise above it by seeing its 'absurdity' and irrelevance in the grander scheme of things. You need to gain perspective on it and understand that it doesn't have to impact on you the way it has been doing. In other words, you have to see its lack of importance amongst the things that really matter in your life. Once you release something's hold on you, it no longer has any power over you to affect your life.

Thank you Captain, that is a great explanation and I will apply this to my situation. I have a better understanding of what you meant now angel.gif Thanks again!

Adrian, your advice card is -

The Card of the Law of Intuition

In this situation, you are called on to explore the Law of Intuition. We are all here to live in alignment with spiritual laws, but the Law of Intuition is especially critical for those of us with issues of integrity and wisdom. We can only get in touch with our own intuition and wisdom when we no longer depend upon others’ opinions for our issue of identity or worth. We all tend to worship something - the question is, will we worship the 'god' of opinion, or the god of our own heart? This Law can provide needed leverage for those of us who were born without a strong sense of identity, centre, or inner direction. It also addresses the needs of those who don’t understand their life purpose, or feel very sensitive to criticism and who worry about whether they are doing the right thing, which often gets defined by someone else. Sometimes we can be so busy monitoring other peoples’ opinions that we ignore the wisdom of our own intuition. We may define and value ourselves based on what other people feel about us, in terms of their attitudes and views; we may need approval or support from others for a sense of identity. We mold ourselves to others’ expectations and give away our power in order to validate ourselves. Thus, we lose our sense of self and remain at other peoples’ mercy, open to manipulation by anyone who has a strong opinion about how we should act or even who we should be. There’s nothing wrong with getting advice or reference points or with asking someone’s opinion - different points of view give us greater perspective, but we can’t run our lives by committee. What others think of us is really none of our business. This 'god of opinion' that we worship can also have other names like ‘the god of authority’ or ‘the god of comparison’ or ‘the god of money’. Whatever we put up on the pedestal tends to overshadow the wisdom of our own heart and gut instincts. But we have no need to worship outer gods. The key to the process of gaining access to all spiritual laws and wisdom resides in making an inspired, emotional connection to our heart and intuition. The Law of Intuition reminds us to recognize when we are monitoring the god of opinion and to begin to transfer authority to the god of our inner guidance, our quiet inner voice, the only opinion that ultimately has value for us. Once we contact our wise centre, we can then listen to others’ advice or opinions without losing sight of our own counsel, the intuitive place from which we determine what is best for our own life, and allow others to do the same, respecting the sanctity of their own process and not attempting to coerce or dominate them. Then we are free to make use of others’ views without being dependent on them, taking what is useful and submitting all views to the wisdom of our own inner guide.

Summary: in the matter of your career, you must follow your own heart and gut instincts to lead you to what you really want to do, and not what you think other people want you to do or be.

Adrian, your advice card is -

The Card of the Law of Intuition

In this situation, you are called on to explore the Law of Intuition. We are all here to live in alignment with spiritual laws, but the Law of Intuition is especially critical for those of us with issues of integrity and wisdom. We can only get in touch with our own intuition and wisdom when we no longer depend upon others’ opinions for our issue of identity or worth. We all tend to worship something - the question is, will we worship the 'god' of opinion, or the god of our own heart? This Law can provide needed leverage for those of us who were born without a strong sense of identity, centre, or inner direction. It also addresses the needs of those who don’t understand their life purpose, or feel very sensitive to criticism and who worry about whether they are doing the right thing, which often gets defined by someone else. Sometimes we can be so busy monitoring other peoples’ opinions that we ignore the wisdom of our own intuition. We may define and value ourselves based on what other people feel about us, in terms of their attitudes and views; we may need approval or support from others for a sense of identity. We mold ourselves to others’ expectations and give away our power in order to validate ourselves. Thus, we lose our sense of self and remain at other peoples’ mercy, open to manipulation by anyone who has a strong opinion about how we should act or even who we should be. There’s nothing wrong with getting advice or reference points or with asking someone’s opinion - different points of view give us greater perspective, but we can’t run our lives by committee. What others think of us is really none of our business. This 'god of opinion' that we worship can also have other names like ‘the god of authority’ or ‘the god of comparison’ or ‘the god of money’. Whatever we put up on the pedestal tends to overshadow the wisdom of our own heart and gut instincts. But we have no need to worship outer gods. The key to the process of gaining access to all spiritual laws and wisdom resides in making an inspired, emotional connection to our heart and intuition. The Law of Intuition reminds us to recognize when we are monitoring the god of opinion and to begin to transfer authority to the god of our inner guidance, our quiet inner voice, the only opinion that ultimately has value for us. Once we contact our wise centre, we can then listen to others’ advice or opinions without losing sight of our own counsel, the intuitive place from which we determine what is best for our own life, and allow others to do the same, respecting the sanctity of their own process and not attempting to coerce or dominate them. Then we are free to make use of others’ views without being dependent on them, taking what is useful and submitting all views to the wisdom of our own inner guide.

Summary: in the matter of your career, you must follow your own heart and gut instincts to lead you to what you really want to do, and not what you think other people want you to do or be.

Thank you very much. Many blessings.

I am struggling with if I am where I need to be in life. I am comfortable but not sure if I'm making the right decisions. Thanks so much for offering an opportunity to maybe get some answers.

Speek, the card your guides chose for you in answer to your question is -

The Card of THE LAW OF REQUEST

Your situation calls for an understanding of the spiritual Law of Request. Under Spiritual Law, if you want help, you must ask the Universe for it. The Law of Request teaches us to ask when our souls are ready, with clarity and intention. It is our personal responsibility to ask for the things we need in our lives. With the Law of Request, we are NOT to impose ourselves upon others. If you push yourself upon someone who hasn’t asked for your help, you prevent them from sorting out their own situation for themselves, hindering their own learning process. Likewise, if someone pushes their advice onto you, the same thing can happen. Also, when you force your help or advice on to someone, you bear the karma if it goes wrong. It is bad manners to rush in uninvited and most likely your help will be ignored or unappreciated. If someone is in obvious need of help such as drowning or stepping into traffic, of course you must step in and help in some way. However, if you feel upset and stressed by the mess someone else has gotten themselves into, then it is a reflection of something going on within yourself and is an indication that you need to look at yourself rather than attempt to rescue someone else. If you are involved in a difficult situation at work or in your career, the experience and learning you gain from dealing with the problem and overcoming it may be the perfect stepping stone you need to move on in your career. The experience teaches you new and different skills and prepares you for promotion or change in career path. You wouldn’t appreciate it if someone leaped in and took over without asking your permission as that would be interfering and it would block you from having the life experience. In the spiritual realms, Angels, Spirit Guides and Higher Light Beings are unable to interfere with your life choices. Instead, they will stand by with patience and compassion and watch you making a mess of your situation if that is what you need for your spiritual growth. They will, though, save you from serious accident if that is not your karma or designated life experience, and even death if it is not your time or right Exit Point. Not only is it spiritual bad manners for them to interfere, but it also stops you from learning your life lessons from the experience. It stops you learning to trust yourself and the decisions you make. All you need to do is to trust your otherworldly helpers will be there, if you fall, with comfort and support. Then everything you do is 'safe', even if you later change your mind and do something else. Nothing is set in stone - you can change your mind and go in another direction at any time. Don't limit yourself by fearing that your decisions are irrevocable or irreversible. There are times however when it IS appropriate to ask for help from your Spirit Guides and Angels. As soon as you are ready to ask for help, you are ready to receive it. You are ready to accept the wisdom that goes with it. Then the higher powers will align themselves to help you. The answer most often lies in the question and the more clarity you have in your question, the fuller the help you will receive. Some people are constantly crying out, ‘When, what, how, why?’ They want to know the answer to one question after another. But these are demands rather than questions. They come from a place of desperation and neediness, rather than a centred open place. The person who is steadfastly walking the spiritual path goes within to find answers. As soon as you are ready to know or do something, the ‘teacher’ will appear to provide it. This may be in the form of a book, a person, a television program or a magazine article, etc. Remember: the Universe is waiting to help you .... all you have to do is ask.

Additional Information: The Law of Three Requests - When we repeat what we are requesting of the universe three times, it activates the universal power of three and brings a stronger energy to what we intend to manifest. Often this accelerates the speed in which we attract what we have been requesting. Ultimately, successful manifestation of anything is dependent upon: making a conscious choice of what we want; ensuring that we are wishing for what we truly want; seeing, speaking, and writing down our manifestation wishes; giving thanks as though it has already happened; and, letting go and letting God, knowing that the universe will always bring us what is most appropriate and in our highest good and growth.