Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Moopurple

Knowing the Role

Greetings all,

I feel a little silly (and by a little I mean REALLY) asking this but it's been on my mind for a while. Do you think it's possible to, shortly after meeting them, know what role they will play in your life?

For example, meeting someone you feel you have a connection with and having a feeling they'll be a huge part of your life for years - or - how people say that they knew shortly after meeting a person they'd marry them. Even on the opposite end, knowing that someone is going to be in and out of your life rapidly regardless of a deep connection.

Has anyone experienced it?

Is it an intuitive feeling or is it just a matter of strong compatibility that raises the odds of that coincidental feeling coming true?

Edited by Moopurple
Wanted less detail ;)

If you trust your intuition, why would you question such a strong feeling? I've had a similar experience in the past about people and situations. In one instance, the feeling about the person did not develop into anything beyond our friendship. My life situation was probably the cause for this. When I had a strong feeling in regards to a situation, it was always right.

Like you said, just let the relationship develop naturally.

I had a situation very similar to this. I met a gentleman once, and the connection between us during and after the first date was astounding. Everything you just described was exactly how we were. After two months, I said the same thing as you. I'd marry him right now if he asked me.

Unfortunately, mine didn't turn out so great. He felt the same way about me, but he said our connection "scared" him, so he broke things off. I've only talked to him twice since then. And it was hard, as I'm sure you could imagine. But I honestly believe he was brought into my life for a reason. He showed me a lot of things about myself and made me a better person. Even if things don't work out between you and your guy, just always remember the universe has a plan for you, even if you can't see it now.

Blessings,

Elyria

Well, I wouldn't marry him right now if he asked me to. I think I'd run the other direction. :P I want to truly get to know him first. But I think that there is some amazing natural chemistry that can develop into something.

Brioche, even though I do trust my intuition, I am a total skeptic about all of these things like 60% of the time. It's only after it happens that I'm like "oh, I can accept that." I'm soooo sooo terribly stubborn about psychic phenomenon.

But it was really just curiosity if it's happened to others. I want to know how common it is to get feelings like that. It's the first time I've had that experience so it's just total curiosity if it's something that happens to others. And I wonder if anyone has an explanation for it. Behavioral neuroscience or whatever gives me no answers. Maybe he just smelled really nice. :P

Thanks for sharing, you two.

Greetings all,

I feel a little silly (and by a little I mean REALLY) asking this but it's been on my mind for a while. Do you think it's possible to, shortly after meeting them, know what role they will play in your life?

For example, meeting someone you feel you have a connection with and having a feeling they'll be a huge part of your life for years - or - how people say that they knew shortly after meeting a person they'd marry them. Even on the opposite end, knowing that someone is going to be in and out of your life rapidly regardless of a deep connection.

Has anyone experienced it?

Is it an intuitive feeling or is it just a matter of strong compatibility that raises the odds of that coincidental feeling coming true.

The father of my children, the first glance at each other was a look of surprise....Interest, mutual attraction. ? And when he walked in front of me to show me where I would take my first week of placement, I thought...."Could this be the man that I marry" And....it was. (We have been divorced now for ten years, but there is no denying there is a stillness in time, a ripple in reality that makes you recognise the moment as profound....no matter what the eventual outcome.) :)

The father of my children, the first glance at each other was a look of surprise....Interest, mutual attraction. ? And when he walked in front of me to show me where I would take my first week of placement, I thought...."Could this be the man that I marry" And....it was. (We have been divorced now for ten years, but there is no denying there is a stillness in time, a ripple in reality that makes you recognise the moment as profound....no matter what the eventual outcome.) :)

Interesting. And yes, despite getting divorced, you still can recognize when they'll play a significant role in your life. Permanence of a situation is another thing completely. Thanks for answering :)

I feel every significant relationship that I have had...love interest or friendship...has had a moment of instant recognition. A spark. A connection. A knowing. A remembering.

A planned, chance encounter.

Yes I certainly think when you feel an instant recognition to someone and feel a connection that they will have a significant role to play in your life. Very rarely is that feeling wrong, but sometimes the role isnt want I have wanted it to be.

Just thinking about this a bit more, sometimes if the connection is with an attractive man of my age I presume the connection is a romantic one, but that isnt always so.

I remember when I met one of my best friends. Me and her hit it off instantly and felt like we had known each other over 20 years! Now we have!

Hmmm...well, it makes me curious as to whether I am correct about this person playing a significant role in my life, even if not romantic. Right now we've stopped talking completely

I can actually remember the first times I laid eyes on all of my love relationships that have been significant. I can remember the way they looked at me, and even what they were wearing. Sometimes, I can even remember the way they smelled. We locked eyes. Time did freeze and I instantly fell in love. Some call it love at first sight.

I wonder why that happens. The slowing of time. The guy that influenced me to write this thread, I haven't seen him since December, so who really knows what happened there. However, when I met him we had that stereotypical eyes meeting from across the room sort of thing and then later he approached me. And when I was trying to talk to him I couldn't hear what he was saying because my mind had shut down at that moment and my friends told me I was just nodding with whatever he said and smiling. Haha...ohhh man.

As far as my relationships go I actually have never had that moment. There was no initial spark but just a growing fondness after getting to know them. Perhaps I was just very chemically compatible with this guy. :P