Universal Psychic Guild Forum
GingerRavenWolf

The Secret

Has anyone seen the movie The Secret. I highly advise everyone to watch it. It is available on Netflix.

The movie literally changed my way of thinking and how I view things. It changed my perspective on life.

There is also a book too but my advice is too watch the movie. I feel like people retain information better if someone is telling them.

WATCH IT :D

I've read the book and didn't like it at all. After reading it you can clearly see that the author keeps repeating the same thing over and over. She keeps name dropping famous people from history who have known about "the secret" but doesn't give any proof at all to back it up. Her book only scratches the surface on the subject. "The Secret" is about how to manifest things into your life. I know it's a popular book and it works for some people, but there is so much more to learn about how manifesting works and how to do it properly.

I have not seen the movie, though. I'm hoping it is better than the book because of all the guests who were interviewed and therefore were able to provide more to the story than her book could have.

I really enjoyed the movie. I saw it years ago after my Silva instructor recommended it. At the time I found it interesting because he was suggesting one of the things that the Silva Method teaches without the need to go to the class. But I always found it to be rather uplifting. And just recently I found myself watching it over and over and over again Netflix. I would literally play it and just busy myself with all the chores left after the kids had gone to bed. I found it reminded me to stay in a positive state of mind and while my body is busy with one thing my mind was able to catch onto certain points that I may have forgotten or unintentionally tuned out.

The best part of it all was how it emphasizes that where the mind goes reality will follow. I've seen it time and again and it was a nice reminder. I had longed to be a part of a more intuitive community. Besides the Guild I wanted something more local. And within 2 weeks from watching the movie I got an email from a reiki classmate that I hadn't heard from in over a year. We've started doing reiki shares biweekly and it was nice to be in contact with locals again. Now I just got a focus on finding other intuitive and spiritually inclined families to relate to. We'll see what the future holds. :)

And on top of that one thing that I found particularly humorous but insightful was the clip in the movie where a woman speaks about debt. She was saying how if you expect to see a bill every time you open the mailbox you'll get just that because the Universe doesn't want you to think you're crazy if you're wrong. So she says that the next time you open your mailbox "Expect a check!" :lol: So I thought yeah man that would be awesome. So I kept thinking "Expect a check!" and just giggling. it was so funny it just kept repeating in my head. Well about a week later I was harassed by some some company. They just kept trying to call me to follow up on some survey. Well it turns out they were trying to offer me an opportunity to make some money without doing much of anything which is exactly what I wanted. So very soon, I will be expecting a check (aside from the cash I've already been given). :lol: ^_^

So GingerRavenWolf, since it's been 3 months since your post I wonder have you had any successes using The Secret?

Brioche, I think I know what you mean. I think I remember reading the book only after I was told to watch the movie. I do believe I remember feeling like it was getting repetitive. But I guess that's how they emphasize things right? The movie is definitely worth checking out. :)

I came across a webpage online about this book. Some woman was writing about how she used "The Secret" to get such and such to happen for her with amazing results. I've tried to find out what the books are about, but cannot seem to find a description that makes sense. Is it just a book on the laws of attraction?

Absolutely Moo. The movie mentions vision boards and things of that nature. But mainly how like attracts like. It was inspiring to hear the anecdotes. Plus on watching it multiple times I hear things I hadn't before.

But yeah, it follows the premise that the body goes where the mind goes. And that the thoughts, ideas and imagery that you surround yourself with also tells the universe what you expect. Like there was one with a man who said he couldn't find a lasting relationship with a woman. He was an artist that surrounded himself with imagery of an illusive woman with her back half turned. So it was recommended that he'd paint what he wanted. Within a year he was in a committed relationship.

Edited by Chiili

Okay I finally watched it. I did enjoy it (but it kind of reminded me of A&E murder documentaries haha). The movie is pretty repetitive as well, but I do think it makes good points. It's pretty much a reiteration of various topics on this forum about affirmation and laws of attraction. I liked seeing the different ideas people had for visualization.

However, I don't know how they can make several books about this. :lol:

I enjoyed the book and surprisingly finished it... my mind is scattered and I hardy ever finish books... I also noticed the repetition in the book, and again, needed that because my mind scatters. I tried watching the movie, but didn't get through it all.. weird... I usually prefer movies very much more than books. The book is an easy read and could be read in one sitting/one day, if you wanted... I think I read it in 2 days. The Law of Attraction- great philosophy to live by and after reading it, realized I've been doing this myself for years and years...

Hmmm... There could be several versions for different people. I have one favorite Chinese restaurant that I order from. They make the same stuff as any other but yet different and it appeals to me. Maybe it's a different flavor for different folks? As focused as I can be and understand things in the moment i learn it i do know that when a situation presents itself I tend to forget what I just learned because I've been in the habit of not doing the right thing. And then there are moments like yours RainyDay when I've been in the zone and don't even realize I've been doing it "right" all along. Although what's interesting is that with me when I catch myself in a groove and finally figured out what caused that awesome moment I seem to lose it somehow. Like suddenly I'm over-thinking what I've been doing and trying to justify things logically for my next action and stumbling over everything. Then I realize that the only thing that helped was that I wasn't thinking and calculating but just feeling and flowing and moving with that...

... well holy schnikeys I just had an epiphany! :o I think I just figured out why I feel like I'm sabotaging myself just when thought I had things under control and in the the "flow." It's cause I was spending more time thinking with my head rather than letting my heart and intuition lead. *cursing at myself in Spanish* well that's something to explore further.

Thanks for bringing this up Moo! And thanks Rainy for your thoughts as well. :D

Chiili, did you read the books? Did you like them if so?

I've been using the laws of attraction, positive thinking, affirmation technique for the past year but I never thought of picturing it the way they suggested and that is where I was like "Okay, I really need to believe it by being able to visualize it" so I am going to try that. And I did get inspired to make a vision board so I have a reminder to keep positive thoughts. I do think the affirmation things work well if you are willing to have faith in the process.

Perhaps the repetition has a purpose for a lot of people who aren't listening (or paying full attention to what they're reading). I felt myself mentally note taking as a habit of being in lectures so often and that is why I was like "WHOA the repetition in this!"

It also randomly popped into my head about one of my friends who does this. With parking...He always finds the best spots and he told me it's because he just believes he'll find a spot. This is totally handy in crowded areas. :P

Moo I didn't even know there were more books till you mentioned it. I looked them up, people seem to think that The Magic, and The Power are worth reading but not so much The Hero. That that one didn't provide anything new. Oh, and I plan to read the Magic. A good positive read I feel is always beneficial for keeping your energy on a good vibration.

But I know what you mean. I thought I added to this topic before but I guess I hadn't. I was gonna mention that I basically have been using The Secret/Silva Method to hopefully get my son into a gifted school that I feel he would excel in but most importantly suited him and would nurture him. And tonight I got word that he got in! The director herself called! I've been on an incredible happy high since 7:30 this evening. We literally won THE lottery when it comes to schools in NYC. You can prep your kid like crazy to get into the other gifted schools in NYC but this school wants to see natural talent and they saw it. The saw him and his potential and I'm just so proud of him and myself for being able to see it and nurture it as well. It's a huge relief to know that he's going to be in great hands.

What helped me I think was that I wrote a letter to myself as though it were from the director. (the actual email has reads almost identical!) LoL and when I saw that email I allowed myself to feel that excitement. Then one day I envisioned my that excitement and anxiety and that little bit of sadness of seeing my little boy step onto the school bus and excited for his first day of school. I just kept seeing and feeling that. And Yes, repeat! repeat repeat! LOL

*sigh* To see him be so big when I clearly remember him as a little baby, ugh is hard just to think about. But it's coming true. Wooo Hooo!!! it works! :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance:

^_^

Edited by Chiili