Universal Psychic Guild Forum
taichi

How to make your cards?

Hi guys.

It is so amazing that you guys create your own cards.

I'm just wondering if you get your cards professionally made. How do you make it nice?

I'm thinking of re-making my I Ching cards to something nice looking and less damage prone than a piece of printer paper, haha.

So just wondering, do you get your cards professionally made? If not what material do you use? How do you make sure you cut them all to the exact same size? And glue the image on to the card properly? Also, is there a environmentally friendly way of doing it?

Thank you

Any help is appreciated

I give up, haha. Did find some really nice articles on how to make nice cards.

The simplest one I found was print on glossy paper and staple the two sides, and then cut them.

But cutting is what I'm worried about the most o.o so I'll get them professionally made instead :D

I think staples would spoil them If you can afford it, get them professionally done.

Would love to see a pic of them when theyre readyangel.gif

It looked like a very precise job, haha and I'm not a very patient person :)

Could take a while to do the graphics though. Still contemplating on whether I should get a friend of mine to come up with the graphics or take a graphics class and meet some new people while I'm doing this :D

I'm leaning towards taking a class, so it could be a long time, haha.

Plus, it feels awkward to ask my friends this kind of favour, they might think I'm in a cult or something :)

Do you talk to I guess "regular folks" about psychic/spiritual stuff openly?

Yes to my friends I do, I tend not to so much at work, but the odd things come out. It takes a while being comfortable about being openly different. angel.gif

Hehe, Thanks. Maybe I'll start slipping some things occasionally :D

Well I used to be a lot more psychic but would not tell people that, I'd let them notice for themselves. I bet your friends would love a reading. Everyone has hobbies and interests, most people will just view it as that.smile.gif

Oh, that's true. Now I MUST hurry up and get my cards done :) Gonna get them ask a question and pick a card :P

I've never been very open with my spiritual side either. But my roommate was helping me unpack the other day and stumbled across my tarot cards. He's all but begging me to do a reading for him! lol

You can put the back and front together with a strong decoupage glue like mod podge if you want to do it all yourself. Just get a heavy flat object to place over the cards as they dry so that they don't warp. I believe there are some pre-cut card stock sheets shaped like cards.