Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Angel_Soul

Life lessons

Is it the hardest lessons in life that are the most important for us to learn?

Is it from them which we learn the most?

Are the lessons we learn related to karma or growth, (or are these both the same thing?)

What is the purpose of life lessons?

(feel free to meander off topic)

1. I don't think that the hardest lessons are the most important. You do not need to experience hardships to learn important lessons.

2. We do learn a lot from those lessons.

3. I think it is about growth. That is why we are a completely different person after we go through the experience and learn the lesson. You experience those hard lessons and learn the lesson in that life. Karma is a little different. It is my belief that with karma, you may not know why you are going through something until after death. It also has to do with your past actions (good and bad) whether that is 10 years ago or a few lifetimes ago.

4. I think this goes back to #3. It is all for soul evolution. Growth.

Thank you Brioche

I agree with just about everything you said, although I don't know any of the answers anymore than anyone else. I wanted to examine, some of mine and others perceptions a bit more deeply, so that I can learn and others can too if they wish from like minded souls.

I'll start with number 1.Is it the hardest lessons in life that are the most important for us to learn?

I don't think that the hardest lessons are the most important. You do not need to experience hardships to learn important lessons.

I agree that this seems to be the case, but I am wondering why.

So it would make sense that we all start at different starting points. If you are someone who can learn from others mistakes, perhaps empathize with them, then perhaps we dont need to be faced with that mistake our selves. If we listen and feel for others and in doing that somehow become a part of that lesson, then perhaps we learn the lesson a different way, a less difficult way, without having to experience it first hand. I'm just thinking through here,perhaps we can learn it directly at a spiritual or soul level.

I have felt for a long time that life is about making connections with others, at a spiritual level. I feel that we are all one at source and the world gives an illusion of separation. Is recognition that we are all one, a means to soul growth? Could it be that simple? Being aware of others feelings, and seeing past their outer shell into who they are at a soul level, and therefore responding to them at that level - is that all it takes to grow? Or is there something else, we are here to do?

I think that the hardest life experiences are often those which we cannot learn from. Events like serious illness, loss of a loved one, and similar events cannot be influenced so what is to be learned from them? The simple lesson is just not to take life for granted. But there isn't much personal growth, simply healing.

But I agree with Brioche. There are a multitude of events which we learn valuable lessons from and not all of them have to be hardship. Even observation of some other person's hardship can teach us.

Perhaps it's my personal reaction, but hardship tends to send me backward in wisdom. Looking back on events, maybe we learned something. But for the most part the really difficult ones just leave one with a loss of understanding. Perhaps it takes an entire lifetime to learn from those events.

The lessons are related to growth. Karma doesn't exist for me in some life to life energy. It is an immediate reaction to our actions and karma is what causes us to learn. But growth is the reason we learn.

In response to Chamuel: My answer to #1 had less to do on the experience part but I saw you underlined it (which is fine). I just meant that sometimes you can learn important lessons from positive experiences or even a small incident. Just that you didn't have to go through a bad, tough experience.

I've been going through the hard ones since the past couple of years...

We are all here to evolve. What we experience on this planet is to help us get there. I agree with what you said. Inside we are all the same: A soul. It is the divine spark. We are all part of One. We all start at different levels. It is just the best way to learn if there is someone who is more advanced than you, you can learn from them. You can also learn from those less advanced and they in turn can learn from you.

It’s the hardest lessons in life that are the most memorable. Those hard lessons will educate, and direct us given the circumstances, but they are not all Karmic, as in Karma being an experience through punishment. Karma is something all humanity has, and we can use it as a means to purify our spiritual self for a higher level of evolution. All lessons in life are mental and emotional experiences, mind being something of the past, and emotion an element of the present. They represent our thoughts and feelings which can be symbolized in the Tarot as the swords and cups, these elements represent our mental and emotional worlds, as well as our mental and emotional auras. When these inner elements are not cleansed, we can attract negative forces that may hinder us along our path, which deliver negative experiences. These negative forces represent the elements working against us. When cleansed and purified, positive forces will work with us and help elevate our consciousness for a better life experience.

What is the purpose of life’s lessons? Now this is a really good question which no mortal can really answer honestly, or correctly. But I will say this, we are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.