Numerology is the study of numbers and their influences on us.
The history of numerology stretches back in time for over 10,000 years. The Greek mathematician and philosopher Pythagoras (569-470BC) was one of the first scholars to explore the hidden capabilities of numbers. He laid the foundation of what we know now as numerology. Today, numerology is a delicate integration of different systems: Babylonian, Hebrew, Chinese, Egyptian, Indian Vedas, and many others.
With your birth date, using basic techniques, it is possible to determine what type of person you are and what paths you might take in your lifetime.
Also, every letter of the alphabet has a numeric value. By adding up the numbers which correspond to the letter in your name, you can:
- Determine your Life Path Number and Destiny Number , your Lucky Number, and other crucial numbers in your life.
- Learn what challenges you may have to overcome.
- Identify peak moments in your life.
- Explore your special talents and skills and how to use them wisely.
- Discover your hidden innate abilities.
Get Your Free Numerology Reading Now!
Types of Numerology
There are many types of numerology practices out there – some very loyal to their origins, others a mixture of different traditions and beliefs. Five of the most popular include:
1. Chaldean Numerology – This type of numerology is based on the Ancient Babylonian tradition. It takes aspects of astrology in its interpretation of numbers. Nine is considered a holy number and compound numbers are highly regarded. For this type of numerology, both the name and the birth date are analyzed. Most practitioners of this type of numerology would take the name one is commonly known by instead of the birth name.
2. Pythagorean Numerology / Western – This type of numerology is based on the concepts of the Greek mathematician Pythagoras who lived in the 6th Century BC. Here, both the name and the birth date of the individual are used to analyze the personality and characteristics natural to that person. This is the one commonly used by most numerology report experts today. According to this numerology tradition, the basic vibrations range from one to nine, but 11 and 22 are master numbers that are also important for interpretation.
3. Kabbalah Numerology – According to the traditions of Kabbalah, knowledge comes through the mind and soul and not the flesh and blood. It is based on Hebrew mysticism that interprets the meaning of the name. The discipline itself seeks to explain the nature of the universe and the human being. As Kabbalah numerology is based on the Hebrew alphabet, there is a total of 22 vibrations that range from 1 to 400.
4. Chinese – The Chinese people are known for many beliefs about predicting the future. The Chinese astrology is among these. When the old Emperor Wu saw a tortoise, whose shell had a grid containing 9 squares, the idea of this unique numerology was born. The grid was eventually called the Lo Shu Grid wherein the numbers when arranged horizontally, diagonally, or vertically would all total to 15. The significance of this number is that it takes this much number of days to shift from new moon to full moon.
5. Tamil – The Tamil numerology is also known as the Indian numerology. The concept of this type plays around a person’s three numbers namely the psychic number, the destiny number, and the name number.
The destiny number is the way by which a person views himself. The destiny number is the way to see how one is viewed by other people. Lastly, the name number is what describes the way a person has relationships with others.
Basics of Numerology
To use numerology you simply need your birth date or the person you are wanting the reading on and your or the persons complete name. From this information you are then able to apply numerology and gain insight into the areas required.
A Numerology chart consists of eleven numbers which are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 22. Any numbers that are larger than these are added together to form one of the previous numbers.
To do this add each of the larger number together until a single digit or the “master” numbers 11 or 22 are achieved. These number will then represent various attributes and expressions that will provide you with information about yourself or the person you are inquiring about.
All numbers besides the master numbers of 11 and 22 are converted to one digit. These master numbers replace 2 and 4 and relate to areas such as high achievement and advanced learning potential
Below are the numbers relating to the letters in your birth name. From these numbers you will be able to convert you name into numbers and find the numbers that apply in your life and the associated information that accompanies them.
Below is a list of words that relate to each of the numbers in numerology. By finding the number(s) that relate to you , you will be able to gain a quick insight into what words relate to you.
- 1 Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.
- 2 Cooperation, adaptability, consideration of others, partnering, mediating.
- 3 Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living.
- 4 A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.
- 5 Expansiveness, visionary, adventure, the constructive use of freedom.
- 6 Responsibility, protection, nurturing, community, balance, sympathy.
- 7 Analysis, understanding, knowledge, awareness, studious, meditating.
- 8 Practical endeavors, status oriented, power-seeking, high-material goals.
- 9 Humanitarian, giving nature, selflessness, obligations, creative expression.
- 11 Higher spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.
- 22 The Master Builder, large endeavors, powerful force, leadership.
From the numbers associated with numerology, four numbers make up the main influence and in your life forces.
These consist of the life path number, which is the first one of these four numbers and consists of the total of your birth date. The number your identity at birth as well as the basic characteristics that will accompany you on your journey through life. Through the use of this number you are able to gain further insight into the direction you should take to gain the most benefit form life as well as issues such as happiness and well being.
The next number denotes expression and relates to the value of the letters in your birth name. Through the number you are able to obtain information regarding the your expression in life and the path that has been laid before you that you must master.
The third number is the motivation number. This number is sometimes also known as the soul urge number and is total of the vowels in your full name. Through this number you will gain understanding of what motivates your real inner self. This number relates to what you want to be in life and what you would like to have and accomplish.
The forth number is that of the “Birthday.” The birthday number represents a lessor influence than the first three and is related to the life path number. The number relates to direction in life.
When reading a report on Numerology it is also important to take into account other factors that influence the report. In other words there can be other factors that will alter the main energies. Although these factors do not have the same impact as the central numbers such as your birth number you still need to account for these in your reading or it can be inaccurate.
The Master Numbers
In numerology, there is something called the Master Numbers. Most traditions only count 11 and 22 as the master numbers, but other numerologist include all repeating double digit numbers including 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88 and 99.
Master numbers in numerology indicate nearly complete or complete development of the traits associated with the number. Freedom and responsibility are part of the burden of having the Master Number appear in one or more essential numerology figures. You have the freedom to choose whether you should allow the Master Number traits to be dominant, but in doing so you must act responsibly towards this choice. You may also completely ignore the power of the Master Number, and in turn, you will not fully realize your own strengths. Doing this may hinder you from accomplishing your true mission in life.
If harnessed correctly, the power of the Master Numbers can make a life-changing turn for some. However, as a caveat, it is also the same people who experience the most challenges in life.
When calculating a person’s numbers for numerology, most digits are boiled down to just one digit. In essence, 11 is 1+1, which results in 2. However, as it is a Master Number it is often retained in its original form. Essentially, 11 is then an overcharged version of 2. The same can be said for 22, which is really a higher vibration of the number 4.
The Master Number 11 is associated with positive traits such as being intuitive, spiritual, creative and a visionary. It represents the spiritual messenger and is often referred to as the psychic number. It represents illumination and is said to be a gateway to your higher self.
Meanwhile, the Master Number 22 is associated with being an organizer, someone ambitious, inspired and wise. This is the Master Builder’s number for people who think big and those who do things for humanity as a whole. People who have 22 in their numerology charts can easily turn even the loftiest dream interpretation into reality.
The Karmic Numbers
The numbers that indicate this set are 13, 14, 16, and 19—all have connection from past circumstances that were in a state of disharmony and lack of balance.
Number 13 is associated with new birth, transformation, and adaptation. It connotes a need to know discipline, constancy, and hard work.
Number 14 is connected to freedom, independence, and emotions. People with the characteristic of this karmic number have the opportunity to work beyond his or her physical and psychological limits.
Number 16 might mean restlessness and problems related to personal relationships. It affords the possibility of reawakening the soul so that it can rediscover its evolutionary path. This karmic number is often a thought-provoking element that leads other people towards very constructive changes.
Number 19 is associated with identity, inner strength, and self-determination. Basically, it is related to commanding roles, self-esteem, and courage.
Important Numbers in Your Life
The Life Direction Number or Life Path Number
This number as it states relates to your direction in life and is the most important number for you.
The most important number that will be discussed here is your Life Path number. The Life Path describes the nature of this journey through life. This is a number that is derived from all the numbers in your birth date. The Life Path number is established from the date of birth.
The birthday serves to distinguish somewhat and modify the eleven personality Life Path numbers. The additional personality traits reflected by the birthday tend to add dimension to the Life Path and are never as significant as that influence.
To find your life number you have to add up all the numbers in your birth date beginning with the month which you convert to a single number then ad your day of birth and the individual numbers of your year of birth.
For example 16-3-9-67. (In this case the month is a single digit otherwise we would add it together to make a single digit.)
Add the month (3) to the day of birth(16). The day of birth is reduced to 7 plus the month 3=10 plus the year 1,9,6 and 7 . All added up 3 + 7 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 7=33. Added together again to equal a birth date number of 6.
If you reach a number of 11 or 22, these are not reduced any further as they are the master numbers of Numerology.
Life Destiny Number
Your Destiny Number sheds light on those things you must accomplish in your life to be fulfilled.
It is determined by adding together the values for all the letters in your full birth name.
Your Soul Number describes your deepest desires and dreams and the person you truly want to be.
It is determined by adding the values for the vowels in your full birth name.
Your Personal Lucky Number does not change. This number will be lucky for you your entire life. Your luck derived from this number will be strongest when you are addressing events and issues related to the general meaning of the number. Lucky Numbers should not be relied on to constantly produce positive results, or make impulsive, high risk gambles. They simply mean that where they appear you have an edge. How large an edge is impossible to determine, but seems to increase with the number of occurrences your Lucky Number is be associated with a given event or issue.
This number is most influential between your 28th and 56th year. While it is not the most important number in your profile, it does have an effect on your Life’s Path and Destiny.
The First Initial in your name is the Foundation Letter. It indicates the most significant quality of your personality and the traits which make you unique in the eyes of other people.
Derived by adding the values for the consonants of your full birth name. Is associated with your outward appearance, how you express yourself and how others know you by.
Said to represent your true self, this is indicative of the person you will come to be.
This is a dormant number that becomes most important when your life is in turmoil. It is said to help people resolve the challenges and problems they are experiencing.
First Vowel of your name signifies how you react to people and situations.
The 4 Pinnacles represent the time in your life when you realize your goals and learn some of the most important lessons in life.
The 4 Challenges, on the other hand, represents your personal struggles and weaknesses that you will need to overcome.
The 3 Cycles tells of the lessons one must learn and goals that must be met to achieve one’s true destiny and to stay on his or her Life Path.
Karmic Lesson Numbers say much about your areas of improvement. We need to give attention to these in order to grow and be complete.
Signature Number is based on how you sign your name.
Birthday Number – while this is not as important as your other numerology profile numbers it does have somewhat of an influence on your Life Path and Destiny.
Personal Year Number helps to determine what is to happen to your life in the current year. This can help you focus your energies on the areas that will most likely help you achieve your goals
Personal Month Number – Similar to the personal year number, it gives you insight on what to expect in a given month.
Role of Numerology in Peoples Lives
– One is the beginning of our counting system. Without it, there will be no succession of numbers. It, therefore, stands for power, perfection, and concept of being absolute. People who have this number can be thought of as egotistical, selfish, melodramatic, and individualistic. On the other hand, they can also be happy, loving, dynamic, and charismatic.
– When there is a confusion or discord in two, it is three that breaks it. This is illustrated in how the human body is divided — mind, body, and spirit. The number also relates to expansiveness and using life experiences as a venue for learning. Three is what represents three people coming together and working for a common goal; thus, it also represents money and fortune. Some positive attributes of three are wisdom, understanding, and knowledge. The negative ones are pessimism, foolhardiness, and unnecessary risk-taking.
– Four is known as the first composite number. An object that has four sides is a tetrahedron which represents a solid matter such as the Earth. And true as it is, the earth is solid and has four cardinal points namely: north, south, east, and west.
– Four can also be seen in time as we have 4 seasons and a month is composed of 4 weeks. On a biblical side, the life of Jesus is told in four gospels.
– Four symbolizes a person who is down to earth, practical, and is other-oriented because of its being composite.
– A person has five senses and this is related to the number five. This number also represents service to others and protection. Five has the ability to think critically and be highly analytical. However, this can come to an extent that the significance is no longer important or relevant. As five means the openness to new ideas, it also represents intellectual capacity.
– Tact, beauty, and harmony are connected to six. It also represents one-to-one encounters and, as such, is a relationship-builder. People from this number can greatly become diplomats as they possess charm, grace, and ability. Even as this is considered a mother/father number, there is not much profit to it.
– On a negative note, six can be vengeful, jealous, bitter, and unfaithful.
– Seven is considered illusive. It has a veil that needs to be opened step by step in order for one to reach enlightenment. Seven is related to the bible; thus, it is considered sacred. This point is illustrated by the week having seven days and that according to the Holy Scripture, the earth was made in seven days. Furthermore, the ancient solar system had seven luminaries, the human body has seven plexuses, and the Kabbalah has seven sephiroth.
– Karma is related to the number eight. This is related to being called on to pay debts made in this present life as well as in the past. This number shows learning through experience and hardwork. Thus, eight tends to seek material and financial success.
– This number presents people who lead honest lives since they are mostly prominent. Otherwise, they will be put under great embarrassment should anything negative be found out about them.
– Nine is the number related to change, invention, and growth. Nine is considered humanitarian considering that a woman’s pregnancy takes nine months to bring a baby into the world.
– Ten represents the beginning of a new chapter as it is the second octave of number one. Ten has been adopted as the base of our present intuitive number system. Also, the human hands have 10 fingers.
– Eleven is considered a master number. Psychic vibrations are carried by this number and that there is an equal balance of masculine and feminine properties in this number. The number eleven relates to intuition, idealism, visions, and open-mindedness.
– Twelve represents understanding and wisdom. Twelve also can be related to the bible as there were 12 apostles who followed Jesus and that there were 12 tribes of Israel. In astrology, there are 12 zodiac signs. This number also ushers the start of the stages of adulthood in a child and ends his childhood years.
– Thirteen is known as the ancient number of completion. It also signifies the end of a cycle with the existence of the thirteen lunar months of the year.
– This number is also considered a master number. Twenty-two can also be found in the twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet and twenty-two pathways in some Kabbalah.
– Any person in this number has heightened sensitivity, psychic awareness, and intuition. However, these persons are also exposed to treachery and betrayal.
– Zero is a powerful number that means a great transformation.
Numbers in Numerology that Signifies Wealth
- Number 1 can mean going back to the beginning. It may indicate the start of something new. It is a sign of prosperity. With 1, you have to work for your dreams and be ready to accept that you will have to do it alone.
- Number 2 is not very good for money. Instead of reflecting money and properties, it reflects disappointment more. It also speaks about delays. However, other variations of 2 like 20 and 11 are reflective of monetary abundance.
- Number 3 is representing easy financial acquisition. However, if you are not careful with your finances, you might end up with nothing because it tends to be easy spending this money. People with a number three easily manifest their being abundant financially but they need to keep their focus to use and manage their finances well.
- Number 4 tells that money is attainable if you know how to work for it. With 4 being solid and enduring, what has been invested will continue to grow. People with a number 4 are hard workers and they get fascinated looking at their progress.
- Number 5 makes a lot of money easily. They are not lazy and they always know how to earn money. The downside is that they do not also know how to stop spending and they spend even on the unnecessary things. They can do something about it by forming a partnership with someone who can help them learn to control their overspending.
- Number 6 is a friend of wealth and prosperity. This allows them to spend for their ego and fame. They will be well employed and are attractive to the opposite sex.
- Number 7 reflects much variety. It can pose financial challenges as well as prosperity. People of Number 7 have an obsession for wealth.
- Number 8 in numerology is called material satisfaction. A person with an 8 will always have a means to bring in some money. And even if that person is broke, there will always be an access for him to earn money. However, for some cultures, having an 8 means bad luck.
- Number 9 reflects an effortless attraction to money. People with this number have a solid income base. While they earn a good income, they are also very good savers of money.
Though our beliefs in the role of numbers in our lives vary, one thing remains true. Whether or not numerology is true or is on our side, it should only be your guide and you must work for what you want.
Date of Birth Interpretation in Numerology
For example, a person is born on December 18, 1982. The only number to be considered is the birthday which is 18. Since the number 18 is a two-digit, then it will have to be reduced to 1 number (between 1-9). We can arrive at that by adding 1 plus 8 to get 9 (a single digit).
After having taken one’s numerology, refer to the different numbers below to know what your number tells about your life.
- Those who are born on dates 1, 10, 19, 28 who have 1 as their number are known to be bold, greatly esteemed persevering, hardworking, honest, and trustworthy.
- They are also born with leadership skills which make it easy for them to connect and make friends. These people are going to be admired by society for their actions and qualities. A life of beauty, taste, and good manners are what appeal to these people. Accordingly, they do not like disarray, laziness, and slackness.
- People who are one have a charismatic personality that matches their physical looks.
- These are people who are born on dates 2, 11, 20, and 29. These people who are a number two are flighty and imaginative and they are stronger mentally than physically. Because these people are gentle and merciful, they tend to live for others and that they find it hard to say no to people.
- People with 2 as their numerology are easy to fall in love with and that they easily attract friends. They can also read people’s minds.
- Their lucky color is light green which increases mental ability and wearing of white clothes increases luster and valor. They are to avoid blue and purple.
- These are people who are born on 3, 12, 21, 30. Three is a number that is indicative of boldness and strength. Although 3s are rather religious, they are not tied to conventional religion and that they are in tuned to their spiritual side.
- 3s are gifted with gab and logic and they are also ambitious, wise, and liberal-minded. The lucky colors of 3s are yellow, purple, blue, and pink.
- These people are born on 4, 13, 22, and 31. People who are fours live a life of sudden ups and downs. They are also fickle minded. And because of this, they tend to be indecisive. Because of their aggressiveness, subordinates become fearful of them. They can oftentimes be selfish and intolerant especially that they believe that it is their right to break the rules.
- Their lucky colors are blue, gray and khaki.
- These are people born on 5, 14, and 23. It can be said that 5s are people who are endowed with thinking power such as new arguments, modern thoughts, wonderful scheming, logic, and understanding. They are also able make new acquaintances very easily. These people also tend to be lucky as they are known to look younger than they actually are.
- Their lucky colors are light green, white, and gray.
- These are people born on 6, 15, and 24. These people are considered most attractive as they also like to dress up and be surrounded by beauty. These people do not like uncleanliness, disorder, and poor etiquette. Though people who are a 6 are sensual, healthy, and powerful, they can also be materialistic as they love to spend.
- The colors that are good for them are light blue, pink, yellow, and white.
- People with 7 as their numerology are born on dates 7, 16, and 25. Compassion, tolerance, and cooperation are the stand-out characteristics of 7s.
- They are known to be imaginative, gentle, calm, and collected. Water and travel are their fetishes and so they have the chance to find great fortune in these. These people are also thinkers and they love philosophizing. People may like to be with them because the pure luck of 7s is contagious to those who go with them.
- Sevens are also easily remembered and they have a magnetic personality.
- These people are born on dates 8, 17, and 26. This number 8 is considered the number of confidence. These people like to work without making known to the world their endeavors. However, when their work is seen, it is surely astonishing to people.
- When these people are in the mood, their personality can be cool and calm. But when they are angry, they erupt like a volcano.
- These are people born on dates 9, 18, and 27. People who are born a nine have shining personalities. Their personalities are burning fiercely and are full of light and intensity. Though they are stubborn at times, they are fearless and daring. The health of these people deteriorates with age so they are advised to take care of themselves.
- Their impatience often leads to misunderstandings. Honor matters to them that is why they lay down their lives for honor’s sake.
Numerology tries to explain the type of person each of us is. But it doesn’t mean that these are all true and that all these apply to all people. The ultimate thing is that it all still lies in the hands of the person living his own life.
What is your Love Numerology?
If you add the numbers in your birth date, i e year, month and day, you get the number that is called the Road of life or your Road map. This is the most important number in numerology since it tells you the story of your life.
If you for example are born the 15 th of January you add the numbers like this:
1+5+1+1+9+2+9 = 28, then add those numbers; 2+8=10, and again; 1+0=1. Your number is 1.
To further understand further, you must first know you must first know how it effects you as an individual.
- 1 – Ambitious, adventurous, independent, self-sufficient, original, individual
- 2 – Supportive, diplomatic, analytical, kind, sensitive, intuitive, cautious
- 3 – Enthusiastic, optimistic, fun-loving, inspired, visionary, creative, happy, artistic
- 4 – Practical, traditional, serious, management, conservative, efficient, organized
- 5 – Adventurous, mercurial, inventive, flexible
- 6 – Responsible, careful, domestic, passionate, harmonious, trusting, creative
- 7 – Spiritual, eccentric, analytical, calculative, understood, intuitive, investigative, solitary
- 8 – Power, financially aware, authoritative, organized, efficient, skilled, decisive, stern
- 9 – Multi-talented, compassionate, creative, imaginative, benevolent, intuitive, generous, devoted, dedicated, emotional
- 11 – Aware, creative, dreamy, enlightened, intense
- 22 – goal-oriented, great achiever, ingenuous, innovative
Numerology and Compatibility
Most relationship reports you’ll find today are based on your astrological compatibility. In fact, it is an art – called synastry — that is thoroughly studied by some for its intricacies and interesting outcomes. Here, relationships are compared based on the couple’s natal horoscopes.
Though not as popular in this aspect as astrology, numerology can hold its own when it comes to determining a couple’s compatibility. Numerology can say a lot about an individual. Their life number is derived by adding the single digits in one’s date of birth until a resulting number of either 1 to 9, 11 or 22 is reached.
For instance, someone who is born on August 21, 1977 will have the life number 8. August is represented by the number 8. So 8+2+1+1+9+7+7 = 35. This is then broken down into 3+5 = 8.
This number is then said to represent certain characteristics in a person. In the given example, we calculated for the Life Path Number of the person. This resents the path the person will be taking and his or her skills that could make the journey rewarding.
When calculating for the numerology compatibility of a couple, the numerologist may take into account other aspects such as their destiny numbers, birth numbers and balance numbers. As these have different ways of being derived, the result will be a different set with each one.
Once all the couple’s numbers have been laid out, the numerologist will analyse the meaning behind each number and how it relates with the partner’s number. In our earlier example, the Life Number is 8. This is said to represent success, wealth and leadership. It also means transformation and endurance. Given the characteristics of other numbers, 8 would go well with 3, 4, 5, 7 and other 8s. Such an analysis can result in a detailed description of the couple’s compatibility based on numerology.
10 Easy Steps in Creating Your Own Numerology Report
1. First, let’s start with your Birth Date. Write out your complete birth date that appears on your birth certificate on a piece of paper. This includes the month, day, and full year of your birth.
Numbers derived from your birth date are:
- Your Life Path number
- Your Birth Day number
- Your Challenge numbers (first to fourth and main)
- Your Pinnacle Cycles (first to fourth)
- Your Period Cycles (first to third)
- Your Current Personal Year Cycle
- Your Expression of Destiny number
- Your Heart’s Desire
- Your Personality
2. Translate the birth date into numbers. For example, March 26, 1953 becomes
- 3 for March; 2,6 for 26; and 1, 9, 5 and 3 for 1953.
3. Add each of the numbers all together. Using the above numbers, it would mean
- 3 + (2+6=) 8 + (1+9+5+3=18, add the 2 numbers further=1+8=) 9 = 3 +8 +9 = 20
4. Add the final two numbers (the sum) together. So, an equation that has an answer of 20 would result to 2 (2+0). This would be your life path number which is 2.
5. Look at the significance of your life path number at for your birth date. Each number has different traits that are reflected by that number. You can see these traits from looking at numerology number meanings online at an astrology site or buy a book that discusses numerology.
Your Life Path number is at the heart of your being during this life. It describes what you are really like and what is innate and natural for you. It is also the number vibration in which your soul has chosen to ground its life essence. Therefore, the energies present in your Life Path will feed on the opportunities, experiences, and lessons that you attract this life.
6. List down the traits below your calculated life path number.
7. Calculate other numerology numbers that can be derived from your birth date like Expression, Heart’s Desire, and Personality.
To find your Heart’s Desire number:
- add the numerical value of the vowels of each of your names
- reduce them to single digits; add the single digits; and reduce them again to a single-digit number, which is your Heart’s Desire number.
To find your Personality number:
- add the numerical value of the consonants of each of your names in the same manner as described earlier in Heart’s Desire. Do not reduce the Master numbers 11 and 22 when calculating the Personality number
- The name Thomas has four consonants with the values of 2, 8, 4, and 1, which totals 15. Fifteen reduces to 6.
- The name Sam has two consonants with a combined numerical value of 5.
- The name Lim has two consonants, which total 7.
To find your Expression number:
- write out your full name, and place the appropriate numerical value beneath each letter
- Add the numbers of your first name, and then reduce it to a single digit. Do the same for your middle and last names.
- Now, add the three single-digit numbers, and reduce them to another single-digit number to find your Expression number. If you encounter a Master number, 11, 22 or 33, do not reduce it to a single-digit number.
- The number value of the letters in Thomas totals 22 (Master numbers are not reduced!).
- The number value of the letters in Sam totals 6.
- The number value of the letters in Lim totals 7.
- His full name at birth totals 22+6+7=35.
- Thomas Lim’s Expression number is 3+5=8
8. Look at the meaning of these numbers. Like your life path, they have different meanings too.
9. List down all the traits that fall on this numbers on your report.
10. Finally, blend the major numerology numbers into one chart. You may add descriptive words that apply.
Astrology and Numerology Connection
Do you know that astrology and numerology are interconnected?
Do you know that astrology, the study of patterns and relationships between the positions of the sun, moon, and other planetary objects at the time of our birth to predict of explain aspects of our personality or events in our life history, and numerology, the study of numbers and their influences on us, can be integrated and used inter-connectedly in mapping your horoscope, finding meanings in your life?
The Science of Heavenly Numbers
Astro-Numerology, the perfect integration between the science of the Heavens (astrology) and the Science of Numbers (numerology), is the study of the combination or integration of birth chart or horoscopes (astrology), and numerological significance of your date of birth and name in readings for finding coincidences and meaning in your life.
At the heart of astrology is said to be the universal principle that “mathematical relationships express qualities or ‘tones’ of energy which manifest in numbers, visual angles, shapes and sounds, which are all connected within a pattern of proportion.”
In the West, as first identified by Pythagoras, a Greek mathematician and philosopher who first explored the hidden capabilities of numbers discovered the Law of Vibration, which states that each number has a particular vibration.
- According to a theory known as the Harmony of the Spheres, it was proposed by Pythagoras that the Sun, Moon and planets all emit their own unique hum (vibration) based on their orbital revolution, and that the quality of life on Earth reflects the tenor of celestial sounds which are physically imperceptible to the human ear.
- Astro-Numerology believes that each number from 0 to 9 corresponds to the nine planets in Astrology, being ruled by these celestial bodies in our solar system
Different properties of the 9 base numbers:
- Zero is represented or ruled by the planet PLUTO
- One represents or ruled by the luminary SUN
- Two represents or ruled by the luminary MOON
- Three represents or ruled by the planet JUPITER
- Four represents or ruled by the planet RAHU ¾ the Moon’s Ascending Node
- Five represents or ruled by the planet MERCURY
- Six represents or ruled by the planet VENUS
- Seven represents or ruled by the planet KETU ¾ the Moon’s Descending Node
- Eight represents or ruled by the planet SATURN
- Nine represents or ruled by the planet MARS
Take note that Nodes of the Moon, Ketu and Rahu, are the two points where the orbit of the Sun and the Moon intersect.
Although different from the actual planets themselves, each astrological sign is said to have also long been associated with a particular number, beginning with Aries which has the first sign of the western Zodiac and ending with Pisces.
- 1 – Aries ruled by MARS
- 2 – Taurus ruled by VENUS
- 3 – Gemini ruled by MERCURY
- 4 – Cancer ruled by MOON
- 5 – Leo ruled by SUN
- 6 – Virgo ruled by MERCURY
- 7 – Libra ruled by VENUS
- 8 – Scorpio ruled by MARS
- 9 – Sagittarius ruled by JUPITER
- 10 – Capricorn ruled by SATURN
- 11 – Aquarius ruled by SATURN or URANUS
- 12 – Pisces ruled by JUPITER or NEPTUNE
Concept of the Fadic Number
- Adding up all the digits which is made up of your date of birth (23/04/1975 = 2+3+0+4+1+9+7+7 = 33 = 3+3 = 6) will give you the combined Fadic Number. In the example, it is 33, 3+3 = 6, so 6 is the Fadic Number.
- Once you find your Fadic Number, by using the different properties of the 9 base numbers, you will now learn your characteristics as you will have the characteristics of the planet representing that Number.
6 Common Misconceptions About Numerology Reading
1. Numbers make things happen and they influence the future
This is a very common believe that people hold about numerology. However, this is not true. Numerology does not predict what will exactly happen but it only gives an idea of what is possibly going to happen.
2. Changing names changes one’s life
This is another fallacy. If one is experiencing a series of negative events in life, this is not because of his name. And changing a name will not bring better fate. The reality is that only hard work, accountability, and maturity can create a better future for any individual.
3. If numbers are given much importance in life, better things may come
Numbers are just tools for analyzing character and talent. But if these talents are not utilized and honed, still nothing good will happen.
4. If one’s number is an unlucky number, only bad things can happen
Instead of letting a bad life number keep an individual from moving up and succeeding, this should be used to counter any temptation of staying stagnant. A bad number does not mean no happiness, fulfillment, or love will ever come.
5. Only the name one is popularly called is needed for a numerology reading
On the contrary, astrology and psychics say that the exact full and legal name of an individual wanting a reading must be used. This name is the one that appears in the person’s birth certificate.
6. Only the numbers 5 and 6 are the best numbers
This is another misconception. There are many other numbers in the 8 series which are good numbers too.
One common and popular misconception about numerology is focused on the number 13. Many people believe it to be an unlucky number. For instance, Chinese people believe it to be a number of difficulties while in ancient Mexico, it is known as auspicious.
The root of the number 13 is 4 since 1+3=4. And number 4 tells us that anyone who has this number must develop discipline and stick to commitments.
Instead of thinking all negative things about this number, everyone is encouraged to learn the value of hard work, discipline, integrity, dependability, and patience.
So if you have a number 13, it does not mean that success and fulfillment are going to be difficult to achieve. It only means that there is a heavier pressure on your shoulders and that you must learn to accept responsibility for all that you wish to do. Doing things the easy way may backfire in the end. So you must learn to believe in your numerology while slowly and carefully work your way to the top.