Libra – The Scales September 23 – October 22
Your element: Air
Your ruling planets: Venus
Symbol: The Scales
Your stone: Opals
Life Pursuit: To be consistent
Libran’s Secret Desire: To live an easy, uncomplicated life.
Libra Video Overview
More Astrology Traits and Personality of Libra
Harmony and Co-operation
The Sun in Libra at the time of birth indicates that the deep behavioural patterns that characterise the life expression are shared activities aimed at seeking harmony and co-operation in relationships with others. The Libran’s life is coloured by an urge to bring harmony and balance not only into their own personal one-to-one dealings but into their immediate surroundings. As well, more than any other Sun sign, the essence of Libra is discovering one’s self in connection with another.
A Need for Relating
Libra is one of the more social of the signs, and hence the field of sharing with others is uppermost. It is as though they only feel complete if another is in their life, whether in marriage, business or otherwise. This of course is a common human trait, but expressed more strongly in the Libran nature than in other signs. They find it hard to imagine life in a vacuum. Primarily their relationships are formed to satisfy a need to exchange on an intellectual level. Shared conversation, ideas and concepts give them greater self-understanding and fulfilment.
Peace Loving and Refined
Venus ruled Librans have a well-developed innate sense of what is aesthetically beautiful, attractive and in good taste. They seek grace and refinement in their life, whilst the crude, more harsh side of people and situations repels them. Running right through their life is a strong idealistic outlook which makes it difficult for them to directly face situations that are strife-ridden and call for confrontation.
Unbiased and Non-Judgemental
Librans have the ability to be fair and reasonable in judgement and hence make good arbitrators. However, their talent for seeing all sides of the case can render them torn between deciding which way to move. Whilst young the more peace-loving side of their sign may show through. This does not necessarily remain so, as many Librans learn with maturity to pit themselves against another and be highly competitive in their own way. Their life lesson is probably to learn to be more self-assertive.
AstroGirl’s Guide to Your Cosmic DNA
Your Strengths – what to love:
- Like a chameleon, you can fit in anywhere and everywhere, from uptown black tie to downtown reggae club – all in the same evening (without breaking a sweat too).
- You ooze charm and charisma – people like to be around you, hoping some of it will rub off on them.
- You have the innate ability to play Devil’s Advocate – never really taking sides but listening to both arguments and helping to bring the warring words to an end.
- You have instinctive style and can turn a dark and dank studio apartment into a Moroccan showplace given a few days…
Your Weaknesses – what to loathe:
- Your total inability to make up your mind and stick to your decision once you’ve made it!
- Avoidance of emotionally charged scenes or decisions makes you a bit of a scaredy cat – you talk the talk but have trouble sometimes walking the walk…
- People often feel you are mechanical and cold – you are an air sign, tending to think logically rather than emotionally.
- You tend to side with the underdog – which can come back to bite you.